Chapter 6

///// Authors note /////
This might be a confusing part, but it will all clear up in the end!
~~~~~~
~~~~~~
*Emmie's P.O.V.*

I heard my alarm clock go off but I ignored it completely.

"Emerson Rhee! Out of bed now!" I heard Dad yell from downstairs. I trudged to the stairs when Henry snuck up behind me and yelled boo in my face.

"Stop it Henry!" I yelled. I got downstairs and said, "Mommm! Henry keeps scaring me!"

"Henry, stop scaring your sister." I heard mom as she walked out of the master bedroom in small heals.

"Maggie, will you hand me my wallet over there?" Dad said. She tossed him his wallet and I gobbled down my eggs.

I quickly got dressed for my first day of the second grade. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs.

"Henry, give me a hug! I know you won't want me to embarrass you in front of your friends."

Henry leaned into Mom while texting. Mom snatched his phone from his hand.

"Hey! Mom, give it back! That's mine!"

Mom smiled and replied, "And since you can't give your mother a hug, you can't have your phone today."

I laughed and gave Mom a high five.

"What took you guys so long?" Dad asked.

"There was a thief, Dad," Henry growled.

"Hey where's your phone Henry?" Dad asked.

"A thief took it, like I said."

"Can I ask this thief's name?" Dad looked at Henry though the mirror and I held in a laugh.

"Mom." Henry grunted and looked out the window.

Dad laughed and held moms hand.

We got to school and Henry immediately ran off with his friends. I heard one of them say, "Henry, your mom is hot!"

"Keep dreaming," Henry replied.

Mom and Dad took me to my new classroom and both hugged and kissed me goodbye. "Have a good day, ok baby?" Mom said and smoothed my bangs.

"We love you!" He heard Dad say as they left.