Chapter 12

*Glenn's POV*

We sat at the back wall in the room we were being held in. Emmie sat in between Maggie and she and reached into her boot. She pulled two pieces if sharp glass out and handed one to me and one to Maggie. "To protect you," she whimpered. I hugged her. She pulled out a handgun. "I should have this. They would expect me to give it to one of you."

She had a point. "Go to sleep baby." My face was beaten just as bad as hers was. Merle will die for hurting her.

~~~~~

We tried to use the glass when they came to come get us, but we were outnumbered. They took us into another room and made us kneel. They were about to kill us. Emmie was knelt in the middle of Maggie and I. She looked at me. "What do we do?" She whimpered. I grabbed her hand and maggie grabbed her other hand.

*Emmie's POV*

There was a small explosion that came from a smoke bomb. The smoke bomb was thrown into the room and within seconds, smoke was everywhere. I heard shooting as I was grabbed. I struggled until I saw who it was. "Dary-" Daryl covered my mouth. He picked me up and ran. "But my parents!"

"We have them, they're ok." Daryl held me with one arm and a gun with the other. I couldn't see anything because daryl kept throwing smoke bombs so we could escape. I took the gun out of my sweatshirt and shot a few people down. I out it back and wrapped my arms around Daryl's neck, burying my face into his shoulder.

We finally made it out of Woodbury and onto the road where we met with our rescue team.

"Daddy!" I yelled as Daryl put me down. I ran to my dad and he picked me up.

"Thank god you're okay." He walked to Daryl and put his hand on Daryl's shoulder. "Thank you."

Daryl nodded. "We look out for each other in this group."

"How did you find us?"

"That lady over there." Daryl pointed at a lady standing by a car. "Her name is Michonne. She saw you guy at the store and saw you get taken. She took the basket of formula and went to the prison because she heard you mention one. She told us what happened. We came and got you."

*Glenn's POV*

Maggie came over. I kissed her gently and hugged her, still holding Emmie. He had our three person hug as we loaded into the car.

"Rick," I said. "I'm sorry, I told them where the prison was, I couldn't hold out. They were going to to kill my family."

"Don't be sorry, we can deal with them." Rick kept his eyes on the road.

"Daryl, this was Merle. He kidnapped us and beat Emmie and I." I looked at Daryl. He sighed but didn't say a word.

We arrived at the prison and Henry came running. He hugged each of us. Finally, all together again.