Chapter 10

*Emmie's POV*

I had been walking quietly for an hour and a half. It felt like forever. I made a horrible decision. I should never have left.

I started to cry and fell to the ground. "Mommy. Daddy. I'm so sorry." I sobbed while laying down on the road. I didn't care if a walker got me.

*Glenn's POV*

We drove down the same strait road for an hour and I knew I just couldn't give up.

"Wait, what's that on the road?" Maggie pointed. There was a small figure laying on the road ahead of us.
"Stop the car!"

I stopped and we ran out. It was a child. Not just a child but my child.

"Emmie!" I yelled and dropped down next to her. She squinted at me and closed her eyes.

"This isn't real," she whispered. "they would never come back for me."

"No, Emmie we are here! It's Daddy." I pulled her into my arms.

"Daddy?"

"Yes." I kissed her head. "Are you okay? Were you bit?"

"No, I'm perfectly fine now that you're here." She stood up and leaped into Maggie's arms. Maggie picked her up and kissed her on her head.

"We should get back," Maggie said and put Emmie down.

"Actually, I have a few things that I need to get in a run. We can drive back, drop Emmie off, and go to the grocery store." I took a list out.

"No!" Emmie yelled and stamped her foot on the ground. "I'm going with you! I can do everything that you can! I can shoot, I can run, I can fit in small places, and I can kill the walkers!"

"She has a point, Glenn." Maggie looked at me. "I've seen a few stores that have their entrances blocked off. She could fi through them."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Okay, you can come."

*Emmie's POV*

We arrived at the store and I hopped out of the car. I grabbed my gun and my knifes. Dad knelt down to my level and put his hands on my shoulders.

"You are going to go with Maggie. You got everything?" I nodded. "You listen to everything she says. Behave." He pulled me in for a hug. My dad kissed my forehead. "Call if you two need me." Dad went inside the store.

"We have to take watch. Get your gun out, you never know what will happen." Mom told me. I obeyed and took my gun out.

A few minutes later, Dad came out with a basket of formula. He set it down outside the store and went back in to get more stuff.

"What are you going to name the baby?" I asked.

"I don't know yet. Glenn and I need to talk about it when we get home." She said. I smiled.

"And where is it that you good people call home?" A voice said.

We whipped around and help our guns up to two people. One man was missing a hand and had replaced the hand with a knife.

"Woah, woah, woah. No need to raise your guns. My names Merle and this is my buddy Dave." Merle pointed with his knife to the guy who looked to be about the age of my dad. "Put. The. Guns. Down. Put them down!"

We kept them up. They both lunged at us. Dave grabbed me and Merle grabbed Mom. Merle held his knife to Moms neck. Dave had brought me to the ground. He had me on his lap and had a good grip on my neck.

"DADDY! DADDY, HELP!" I yelled.

Dad ran out and held his gun up. "Let then go! Let them-" he stopped. "Merle?"

"Glenn! Where is my brother? Where is Daryl?" Merle asked.

"I'm not telling you anything." Dad said.

"Put you weapons in the floor and get in the car. GET IN THE CAR GLENN!" Merle yelled. He tossed Mom in the car. Merle started to bind her hands together.

"Get in the car or I'll snap her neck." Dave held my head, ready to kill me.
Dad dropped his weapons but didn't move. "It's one twist man, don't make me do it!"

Dad moved over to Merle who pushed him into the drivers seat. "Your driving!" Merle pushed him again. Dave bonded my hands together and threw me in next to my mom. Mom hugged me by putting me in the circle her arms made while they were bonded together. I silently cried into her chest as Dave held his gun up at me and Mom. Merle gave Dad harsh directions as he held up his gun at my dad.