Chapter 76

I woke up on the ground of a....well, I couldn't tell exactly where I was. I stood up when I saw a large bright light shine down onto the ground. I had to squint and shade my eyes with my hand.

When I recovered from the blinding light, I saw people approaching me. I finally saw their faces and I gasped. It was Henry, Becca, Mom, Shawn, Daddy, and Beth.

I went up and hugged all of them.

"Beth, I'm so sorry! I never should've left for Washington!" I cried and wrapped my arms around my sister.

"It's not you fault. I didn't feel anything when I died," she said. "I'm guessing you want to see someone?"

Then, Addie appeared from behind her.

"Addilade!" I cried and dropped down to hug her. I squeezed her so tight I thought she would pop. "I'm so sorry Addie!"

"It's okay mommy. I'm okay now. I like it here. There are no bad people and there are no walkers," she said in her soft little voice.

"I'll see you someday baby," I said and brushed her hair from her face.
"I love you more than you know."

"I love you mommy," she whispered. "I gotta go momma. I gotta go see daddy." She pulled away and gave me a kiss. I hugged her one last time. She took Beth and Shawn's hands and they all disappeared.

*Glenn's POV*

I stood up in a room with a bright light shinning down on the ground. A group of people stepped out. Maggie's mom, Shawn, Hershel, Beth, Henry, and Becca.

"Am I dead?" I asked confused.

"No," Becca said and came up to me.

"Bec!" I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head.

"You found her, you found Alice. Just like I knew you would." She looked at me with her big eyes. "Someone wants to see you."

Out from behind her came Addie. I couldn't believe it. I fell back on the ground and she came over and hugged me.

"Hi daddy," she said.

"Hey baby girl." I felt tears start to fall from my eyes. "I'm so sorry I failed you. I should've protected you more. Should've done something. It should be me that's gone."

"No daddy, it is my fault. I snuck out to follow everyone. Don't be mad at yourself please!" She said. I picked her up and leaned my head on her head. "I'm okay here. I don't have to be afraid anymore. I can be safe. Don't blame yourself, neither you or mommy. Don't be depressed, be happy."

I nodded. "I will. But I'll always love you baby girl."

"I'll always love you too. I'll see you someday remember?" She gave me a kiss before she disappears with the rest of my family.

~~~~~

I shot up in bed at the same time as Maggie. She looked at me in shock.

"Did you see her?" She asked, out of breath. I nodded. We had a slight agreement to not be depressed anymore, just like Addie told us.

I head out my arms and my wife collapsed into them. Knowing that neither of us would fall back asleep, she placed her head on my chest and rubbed circles on it with her finger. I kissed her head and laid back on the pillow.