Chapter 65

*Emmie's POV*

I got cleaned up after telling mom about what happened to daddy. It was late at night so a search part his planned to set out to look for them the next day.

I walked by the master bedroom to hear crying. I opened the door. Mom was laying on the bed crying her eyes out.

I went to the side of the bed and brushed the hair out of her face.

"It's alright momma, daddy will be okay." I crawled over to her. "Daddy's been through worse."

"I know, but it's just not knowing that kills me," she said and stopped crying.

"Someday we are all going to die. Whether its a walker, another human, or old age, we will all die. But.....even if daddy does die soon, you'll still have me, Dylan, Michael, Addie, Harper, and Mia. And even though we aren't him, we are his kids," I said.

She pulled me onto her lap and hugged me tight. "Oh Emme, please don't ever leave me."

I pulled away for a second. "Don't worry, I ain't ever going anywhere. I'll fight till the end."

Mia started to cry in her crib. Mom got up and went to make a bottle. I went to my room and laid on my bed.

A few minutes later, Addie came in.

"What's wrong Addie?" I asked.

"A walker grabbed me today. I was scared, I didn't try to kill it. I was a coward," she told me.

"It was your first up close walker encounter. It took me forever to learn how to kill them." She came and laid beside me.

"Did daddy teach you?" She asked while snuggling into my side.

"No."

"Then who taught you?"

"Our big brother," I said. Just thinking about Henry made me tear up.

"Dylan?" She sounded confused.

"No, Henry. He was adopted a little bit before I was born. Kept me safe when the walkers came. We found daddy after being separated from him for around a year. We lived in a prison with mommy, daddy, Henry, and Harper until it was destroyed. And the walkers killed Henry. He's gone." I felt a single tear roll down my cheek.

"I miss daddy so much. I want to help find him. I can learn to not be afraid of walkers if I go help find him," she said confidently.

"I miss daddy too."

~~~~~

"What do you mean we any go?!" Dylan yelled.

"You were just lost out there, I want you safe!" Mom said.

"We are the only ones that know where the big oak tree is," I said.

"You can't go. End of story," mom said.

I stubbornly crossed my arms over my chest. "I guess you don't want daddy back as much as I thought."

She stood there silent for a while. "Alright, you can go. But you stay by an adult the whole time." She left the living room.

Dylan gave me a high five and we both smirked at our victory.

||A/N||
As you know, I am not following the TV series storyline exactly or else I would have to stop until they start the mid season premiere. However, when they do the rest of season five, I will try to get back on track with that storyline as much as possible.