Chapter 31

I carried my daughters body to the truck and silently cried. Everyone that was crying. Carl rushed our and ran to his dad. "Where are they?"

Then Carl saw Daryl and I carrying Emmie and Beth. He stumbled back and started to cry. He ran into the truck.

We sat down in the back if the truck while Abraham drove. Daryl explained what happened the with tears on his face. I had never seen Daryl cry before.

I had cried myself dry when Rick tapped my shoulder. "You know, it seems the bullet just grazed her head. She will turn."

"Then I'll take care of it, when I need to!" I yelled.

"Daddy?" I heard Scout say.

I wiped my cheeks. "Yes baby?"

"Who is that?" She asked. She then snuggled into my side.

"This is my daughter." I put an arm around her and sniffled.

"Your real daughter?" She asked and I nodded. "Can I call her my sister?"

"Of course, but she's gone."

"I'm sorry daddy." She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Go find mommy, I think she needs some comforting," I said and she ran off.

The truck then stopped. "Everyone, guns at the ready! We got ourselves a herd!" Rick yelled.

I set Emmie's head on the ground and went outside. A herd of about fifty was headed towards us. We started to shoot them down.

Then, I heard screams. "SCOUT!" Scarlett screamed.

I looked to see Scout pinned against the tuck with walkers surrounding her.

"HOLD ON, SCOUT!" I yelled and killed three of the four walkers around her. The forth one had her shirt. I quickly pushed it to the ground and shot it in the head. A sobbing Scout ran to me and jumped into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck and cried into my shoulder. "It's okay, you're okay." I soothed.

"They tried to....." She trailed off and sobbed again.

"Oh, baby girl," I whispered. Shawn came over and took her from me.

The herd was gone and as we started to drag the bodies out of the road, the unexpected happened.

"Daddy?!" I heard. I turned expecting to see Scout or Sophia, but instead, another little girl stood by the fire truck. Emerson Rhee.

/////Authors note/////
I'm SO SORRY, but updates might slow down a little bit because I have black belt testing and mid term exams so it is all very stressful. But don't worry, I will defiantly still update!