Chapter 88

*Maggie's POV*

'What am I doing?' I thought to myself over and over again as I walked through the walker infested woods.

It had started to get dark so I found a big tree and climbed into it. Next, I wrapped a rope around me and the tree so I couldn't fall. I leaned my head back against the hard tree trunk and sighed.

'What am I doing?' I thought again. I opened my bag and reached inside a small pocket. Inside, was an envelope.

'To Maggie' it said in the outside. I slowly opened it and pulled out a note.

My dearest love,

First of all I just want to say I love you. It doesn't matter if you remember or not, I'll always love you. From the moment I saw you I knew I loved you. Everything we've been through means so much to me. The farm, the pharmacy, the prison, having Harper, being separated, finding each other again, terminus, the ASZ, having the quadruplets, living normally, it all means something to me. There isn't one day that will go by without me thinking about you and your beautiful face. I'll take care of our kids, they are the little piece of you that I have left, and I love them just as much as I love you. I'm sorry this happened to you, I would rather of it been me. But just remember that I will always love you more than you know.

Love,
Glenn

I felt tears in my eyes when I finished.

'Why can't I just remember!' I yelled in my head. I put the note back and pulled out a small stack of pictures from the envelope. I looked through them. One was a picture of Dylan, one of Michael, one of Emmie, one of Harper, one of Mia, one of me, Glemn, and Emmie from what looks like a prison, and one of a little girl a bit younger than Emmie.

I flipped it over and read the writing on the back.

This was our daughter Addie. She didn't make it. She was just like you in so many ways.

I wiped my tears and put everything back in the bag when something shiny dropped out. I picked it up to see a wedding ring. My wedding ring.

I remember the day Glenn proposed to me like it was just yesterday.

Wait........I remembered.