Chapter 79

*Emmie's POV*

"Please don't go daddy!" I begged as I watched daddy pack his bag.

"Em, I gotta go. Getting supplies is my job here now. I'll be back before you know it," he said and tossed two shirts in his bag.

"But why do you have to be gone for so long?" I leaned on the footboard of the bed.

"Because they've already cleared out every place near here. Now we have to go farther out to get supplies." He zipped up his bag and went to the dresser to gather his weapons.

"What if something happens and you don't come back?" I whimpered.

Daddy knelt down in front of my and took my face in his hands. "When have I ever not come back in the end? I'll come back." He kissed my forehead and went back to the dresser.

I left the room when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Abraham and Daryl.

"Hey Em, you know where your old man is?" Daryl asked.

I leaned against the doorframe. "First of all, he's not old, and he is finishing packing."

"Oh hey guys! I'm almost ready!" Daddy said. "I'll meet you at the cars." They nodded and left.

First he hugged Dylan, then Michael, then Harper, and then baby Mia. I was crying when he got to me.

"Hey, don't cry," he said and wiped my tears.

"Please come back daddy," I cried and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I will baby girl," he said and set me down.

"How long are you planning to be gone?" Mom asked.

"It's a days drive down to the town we are going to so about a week. Since we are going that far they want to make sure we have enough time to get as much as we can." Daddy hugged and kissed mommy. I had to look away 'cause I didn't want to be grossed out.

He went to the door. "I'll be back before you know it." With that, he left.

I minute later when I was laying on my bed, I saw a picture of me, mom, and daddy from the prison. I snatched it and ran out the front door.

"Emerson get back here!" I heard mommy yell.

I kept running down the street to the gate where the cars were about to leave.

"Daddy!" I screamed and the red truck he was in stopped. He got of of the backseat and ran to me.

"What's wrong?!" He asked franticly.

"Here." I took his hand and put the picture in it. "Just in case something happens."

He put it in his pocket and picked me up into his arms. "Thank you. I love you baby. But nothing will happen."

"I love you too, daddy," I said. I gave him a kiss and he got back in the car.

"Emerson what are you doing?" Mom ran up behind me. When she saw me in tears, she dropped down and hugged me. "It's alright, he'll be okay. He always is."

"I miss him already mommy," I cried into her shoulder.

"I know honey. I do too."

She carried me back into the house and sat on the couch with me for about thirty minutes until we heard screams come from outside.

"Walkers inside the fence!" Someone yelled.

A/N
I typed this last night so I could update today!