Race Track (Scomiche)

Alright, I have a computer again so all is well.

Original idea by PTX_Pentaholic99

As of right now I'm not taking any more one-shot requests. I have a long list of them to write and until I'm caught up I can't take anything else right now. Sorry. I just don't have the time especially since the holidays are coming up and my work hours are going to be all over the place.

Please vote and comment. Love you guys <3

---

Scott never felt as if he could live his life to the fullest; though others would argue that. He spent his life chasing adrenaline but all he was really doing was following in his father’s footsteps because his family wanted him to. Not that he hated motocross, he just hated that he wasn’t allowed to make his own decisions without threatening the relationship with everyone he was related to.

It didn’t help that he was good at what he did – and by good, that meant he was one of the best in the entire world. Whenever he was competing people would fly in from all over just to watch him win another race. He was undefeated at only sixteen years old and the stress to remain that way was starting to eat away at him. He wasn’t able to live like a normal teenager and envied everyone around him. He was homeschooled so his main focus could be working out and practicing at his father’s track in the back of their house.

Growing up he did make one friend though – a girl named Kirstie, but when he was fourteen his father uprooted him and his family from Texas to California. Scott was heartbroken for quite a while, but he talked to her every day for a long time until she got herself a boyfriend. Then she just seemed to have disappear.

This day in particular was difficult for him. It was his birthday and no one seemed to have been paying attention to the fact. He was competing in a race in just eight hours that he’d been training for for over a month. No one had said it to him yet and it was making his heart hurt, but he didn’t want to say anything. He just had to focus on his race and that was that.

The track behind their house was absolutely humungous. He came from money and his Dad made sure his ‘superstar son’ had everything he needed. Mainly it was material, but what could Scott say? He had a race track in his backyard and a bike that was worth the same as their 5 bedroom 4 floor mansion.

Rick had been the motocross champion of his time but retired once he and Scott’s mother Connie decided to settle down and have children. Scott was the youngest of three, with two older sisters Lauren and Lindsay, and he became the prodigal son to take on his Dad’s legacy.

Scott stopped at the mirror that sat on his bureau inside of his huge bedroom and took a good look at himself. He was focused and ready for this race, especially since it was against his greatest rival, Mikey Sanchez.

Scott put his protective gloves on and adjusted his jumpsuit before his Mom started calling from downstairs. He took one more glance at himself, the trophies lining the walls in the back mocking him as he did. He grabbed his helmet from the bureau and started downstairs.

“Ready, superstar?” She asked him as he got downstairs and he simply nodded before he headed out the back door. It was hot as hell out, which was normal for Southern California, but it seemed especially dry and desert like today. Scott took an anxious breath as he headed across his yard to get to the race track.

“Hey, stranger.”

Scott stopped and turned when he heard the familiar voice. He dropped his helmet and ran to pick Kirstie up into a tight hung. “Kirstie!” He said excitedly as he spun her around a few times, making them both dizzy.