Chapter 2

3rd person's view

"There's sharks?! And-and O-Octupuesess?!" [Y/n] exclaimed, excitement rushing in her body. Armin chuckled, "I-It's Octopus-"

"Armin how about we just appreciate the beautiful sky? We can't miss out the sunset." on top of a three storey run-down house, Eren, Mikasa and Armin adopted this to be their hanging out spot. Specifically the rooftop, either for stargazing or watching the sunset gradually disappear from their sight.

Eren and Mikasa were both occupied from the most awaited sunset, both seem to look unbothered from their topic. [Y/n] sat beside Eren, the moment she glanced up, a loud gasp escaped her mouth. "Whoah!!"

Hearing a random gasp made the three kids furrow their brows- their heads whipped towards their ecstatic friend, "It looks like everything here is your first time?" Eren asked.

[Y/n] gave him a small nod, "My mom never allows me to leave the house because she said there's many bad people here. "

"So did you snuck out?" Armin querid next.

She raised her palms in defense and shook her head multiple times, "N-No! I would never!"

"Then how the hell did you got out and about those bullies?" it seems though their attention shifted from the sunset to [Y/n].

[Y/n] went dead silent. After collecting her thoughts, she rubbed her arms, "Well.. my mom ordered me to buy a bread but those bullies took them and now I can't go home.. mom will be mad because I'am... breadless."

"I'll give you-"

"Ahh! Eren no need.. your help earlier was already enough!"

"Then you can't go home! What if your mother gets mad at you and never lets you go outside ever again? I'm helping you." Eren hauled her from the rooftop, dashing his way back to his home.

"Eh?! E-Eren!" she stumbled upon rocks and had a rough time keeping with Eren's pace. For a kid like him, he sure runs fast.

Eren is really kind! But there's no need in helping me.. I can always steal from the market! A-Although it will be my first time stealing..

Like a blink of an eye, Eren stormed inside his house- Carla flinching from their sudden arrival. Eren gasped for air, pulling his shirt up to wipe away a drop of sweat, "Mom Y/n needs help."

"What is it?" Carla turned the faucet off tightly. "Uhm-"

"Y/n needs bread to give to her mom." Carla paused for a good second before reaching for two breads sitting on their table, gently placing them atop [Y/n]'s little hands.

"M-Mrs. Carla-"

"Thanks Mom! I'll take Y/n home now!" Eren pushed her out and yet again another running marathon for the two. [Y/n] was too dazed that she almost slip from Eren's grip. "Eren wait!" she stopped, "This is yours and this is mine." giving one to Eren and one for herself.

Now we're even!

"Let's go!" she smiled before being the one to drag Eren to her house.

Upon reaching her house and knocking at the door, it took 0.01 seconds for her mother to whip the door open. [Y/n]'s mother was worried sick, her train of thoughts gave her two possible answers about her daughter's being; either she's dead or [Y/n] was kidnapped.

Neither of the two were good.

And so, to ease her mind, whoever knocks on the door will be her daughter. Which she turns out to be correct.