Chapter 27

3rd person's view

“Are we really going to wait captain?” still from the same roof, Connie stood up after a solid minute of crouching– observing the land whether a girl escaped through the thinning smoke.

Levi didn't nod, instead kept his keen eyes glued at the titan's steaming mess body. Connie took the answer to be a yes.

“Captain! It's [Y/n]!” all heads landed on Sasha's pointing finger. They followed the direction she's pointing at and saw [Y/n] tottering from the distance. 

“[Y/n]!! Up here!!” Sasha waved her hands. [Y/n] stopped from her tracks and gradually turned around, after seeing her whole squad on the roof she anticipated them to be in, she acted as if she was shock.

Her eyes enlarged, “C-Captain Levi!! Sasha! Everyone!!” she waved her hands back.

“Take her back to the base and watch over her Chloe. Takashi and Yuji stay here”

“But captain–”

“Go Yuji, I'll take care of [Y/n]” Chloe was more than prepared to land on the ground and embrace her friend. But seeing her weakened state, she can't do that right now. 

“I'm here!! Am I late?” from the distance, Hange was hooking from houses to houses until she reached the roof. Out of nowhere, she clapped. She looks more excited than be worrying over the fact that part of the wall took damaged from the crystal.

“Is that the female titan's body?? Of course not Annie's titan body but– oh speaking of Annie.. this titan ate Annie!!” she yelled.

“Armin, Connie and Sasha escort the people who were affected away from here. ” Jean patted their shoulders and nodded.

“She escaped.” Levi landed a sharp glare at Hange, “However we can't risk pausing our plan conquering Wall Maria back.. we have only one day left for the preparation. ”

“This titan's body will disappear in 3 days. Put down some borders around it so no residents comes near it, ” she started pointing fingers– specifically landing on Mikasa, Eren, Jean, Yuji and Takashi. 

“You five, continue your training.” Eren flinched and opened his mouth– about to oppose with the order handed.  Hange saw it coming, and raced him by throwing him a glare. 

“That's an order.”

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

Today's the day.. the day for us to attain victory and take back what's ours. Wall Maria.

Though what happened yesterday was  a messy situation, everyone didn't simply shrugged it off, but will keep it stored in the back of their minds. I believe, after the fight against Reiner and Bertholdt, Hange and Levi will open the case.

Right now, they cannot be bothered.

“Hey,” Chloe, Takashi and Yuji approached me with their horses. Chloe nudged my elbow, “You will get your revenge today, okay?”

“Of course, that's one of my main reason why I wanted to be a soldier.. other than the fact that I want to protect our world.”

“We got your back, If you will charge we'll make a move. ” Yuji pats my shoulders and gave me a thumbs up. I lightly widened my eyes before shifting them to Chloe and Takashi. The two oddly avoided eye contact.

“What's the matter?” Yuji asked. “Ah well.. I aim to get this revenge by my own Yuji..”

“What? Then I feel like a useless friend!” 

I waved my hands, “No no! I appreciate your support though! For me, that's a crucial factor for me to increase my winrate!!” out of nowhere, Yuji flicked my forehead, “Now you're just using compliments as a bribe. It's too dangerous to execute your revenge alone, [Y/n]. Allow me to help you if you don't want Takashi or Chloe.”

“Yuji! What's with the forehead flick??”

“For you to open your eyes that we, your friends, will forever carry your ass and help you.” Yuji earned a satisfied pat on the back from Chloe, “That's right!! Y'know, I've been holding back for so long now.. [Y/n] I want to help you too!! That's why I joined Survey corps!!”

Everytime they drop such motivating and kind words, it feels as if newly sharped daggers pierced through my heart.

I could only smile. I'm genuinely grateful for having friends like this dorky people. Their mere presence would ease me no matter what the situation I'm in.

“Alright everyone! Get ready!” Hange yelled from the front, while we were little far off the back. Hange started giving her motivational speech which I disregarded. I was too caught up from excitement and from fear.

I was surrounded with fellow soldiers, all from Survey corps. Even though I know how some of our lives will end, I'm still fearing for their deaths. Death is unpredictable, there's no main character for death.

Who death chooses to die, will die no matter what. Therefore, there's no other alternatives but to be death yourself.

That titan will die no matter what.

After scanning other soldiers, I faced forward– Eren's stare greeting me from the very front. I waved my hand while his eyes enlarged and faced Hange.

Not even a second passed, he whipped his head backwards and returned the wave.

“Oh~ what do we have he–”

“Chloe, Hange's giving a speech. Focus.” I straightened my posture. “Speak for yourself, were you even listening?”

Gradually, I lost my posture as I shrink on my horse. “W-Why? Did Commander Hange gave directions?”

“Ah ha! You're not listening afterall!!”

“Chloe–” Takashi shockingly wrapped his hands around my head and forcefully made me face forward. Out of embarrassment, I could only huff. Takashi's too powerful!!

“Now go my little birds and show them the wings of freedom!!”