Chapter 19

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

It's quiet.. the room I'm in is extremely quiet. I twitched my fingers just so I can assure myself I have at least enough control over my body, 'cause after what happened from perhaps yesterday? I can't feel anything. It felt as if I paralyzed myself.

“[Y/n]!!” the sound of the shoes clashing unto the wooden floor shocked me in which my eyes popped open. There's someone here? How can they be this quiet?

“You're feeling alright now? Takashi and Yuji's still out there– finishing up the cleanup.” she wrapped her hands around mine. “Please tell me you're okay..” I let out a giggle and flicked her forehead.

She winced, “Well that's a yes for me!”

“Oh, looks like you're awake!” Yuji entered the room alongside Takashi. Placing their blades on the night stand and both remained standing, “Commander Hange requests for your presence in her office.”

Then and there, at the very bed I'm laying at, I recalled everything that happened. I just transformed.. I have the ability to transform into a titan.. w-what if Hange found out and decides to kick me out? 

I couldn't answer and just gulped. I don't want to look any more suspicious around my friends, I'm certain some of them has a hunch yet decides to zip their mouth. Just to protect me. 

I left my bed– Chloe immediately tugging me back on my bed. She riveted me by gripping on my both my wrists, “I-I'm sure commander will understand that you still need rest.. I-I'll go talk to h–”

“Chloe, I did not received major injuries from what happened..  I'm not excused, an hour or even 30 minutes is all I should get.” her grip loosened and with that, I smiled.

I left my room– strolling down the long hallway. From my right, there's this gigantic windows from which exposes the whole hallway from the outside world. Anyone who looks up can swiftly see and make out what's happening in this very hallway I'm walking at.

I slowed down from my tracks when I saw from the distance that Eren guy getting shove around by Levi. I feel bad, what did this youngster did to him? I bet I've done far worse than what Eren did to him.

I mean, I did insult Levi multiple times back then.

I halted from walking, they've completely riveted me.. I was too busy pondering and making up accountable reasons why Levi would do such thing that I only came up with one.

And that's what I call 'holy shiet I forgot I have a meeting with Hange so she'll summon Levi to push me around to discipline me.' All that just for the conclusion of Levi disciplining Eren.

I speed-walked to her office– forgot to knocked and just barged in. I froze when I realized I forgot my manners.

“[Y/n]!” she stood from her seat, “I would like to give you a mission with Mr. Kirstein .. isn't it exciting?!”

K-Kirstein who?

A dirty blond turned his head towards me– his eyes oddly widening. I'm presuming he's mister Kirstein.

“What mission is it you may ask? Well it's an easy one, just patrol all four gate directions of Wall Rose.  Make sure that no one's coming in or out! After that you can go back. ”

Without letting me utter out a word, she kicked us out of her office. I started walking ahead to steal a few look towards Eren and Levi.

They're gone.

“Hey uhm, [Y/n]” casually stating my first name by someone I've never met before made me flinch. “H-Hello.. M-Mister Kirstein” I bowed.

“You changed..”

I.. changed?

I slowed down my pace, however Jean increased his.  “Hurry now! We got a lot of things to do!”

Stop [Y/n].. I think you're just imagining things..  he didn't said that.. why would he anyways? I don't know him and I just met him today.

“R-Right! On with the job!!”

3rd person's view

Hange held her breath– tensed up from anticipation. After the two left, she's expecting someone and since then, her eyes never left the door.

After a few seconds, the door opened. Hange heaved a sigh of relief, “You scared me.”

“What do you need, commander?”

“I specifically ordered you not to enter and wait for me in the room all the while the two are here, right?” the person nodded. “I'm requesting for you to run an errand for me and follow the two.”

“Is that all, commander?”

“Make sure not to get caught. If you have any plans in your mind to execute my order in a different way, please do. Just do not disclose my name when they asked you questions that requires telling them the culprit.”

The person bowed– without having further questions they left the room. Now that [Y/n] obliviously entered Hange's territory, Hange has her wrapped around her little finger.

Hange unlocked new paths that could finally answer the questions pestering her life after [Y/n] left for training. She feels wrong ordering someone to follow [Y/n] and in the near future, might just reach to her invading [Y/n]'s privacy.

All that to get concrete proofs whether she is a titan or not. And after what happened yesterday, it prompted her to search for answers much earlier than what she'd anticipated.

“If she's confirmed to be a titan.. I-I will h-hide her–” she cut herself off after remembering her engraved promise of not getting attached to the girl. “I can train her the same as Eren! She can be an advantage for the humanity!” though it may look like a good idea, a possible plan, deep down in her she knows it's just an excuse to not get her killed.

Eren killed her mother, and witnessing [Y/n]'s hardwork just to hunt down the culprit of her mother's death, it feared Hange that it's something not even her power can stop.

[Y/n] will hunt him down, and considering [Y/n] not remembering Eren to be her childhood friend, there's no reason for her to hold back. She will cause chaos.

Which is why Hange settled for Eren to avoid himself before things gets out of control.

The stress was overwhelming her, it was too much that all she could do was release a deep sigh.

“This is frustrating.. ”