Chapter 16

Eren's P.O.V

You can't just forget the person whose deeply attached to you!! She perished right in front of my eyes, and seeing her limbs all in intact, watching her interact with other people as if she didn't lost one of her limbs years back just can't fix a simple 'forget that person' tactic!!  

I was uneasy from the minute I saw her alive way back at my fight against Reiner. I tried calming myself down when she left to train, and I guess that didn't helped at all.

All I gain from those months of restraining myself was only a gush of desperation.

“Eren... I-I think Commander Hange's correct. It's better if [Y/n] didn't remembered her past..”

I sent Armin a glare, “Don't tell me you'll just shrug off the memories we spent with her!!”

He flinched, “That's not what I meant.. I mean the past is a trauma for [Y/n]. If she remembers them she will wish she never did.. ”  I pursed my lips.

Armin hit a good point that I unconsciously started reflecting from our childhood. She did experienced quite the rollercoaster life.. but she was not an exemption.

Everyone has their own misfortunes in life, I've had much worse. I've been grasping unto our memories– hoping one day I get to burst in front of her, to reminisce the times we had fun back in the old days.

It's hard keeping a memory two people supposed to remember.. together.

“Eren just let everything happen. If she remembers, then she remember. If she doesn't,  then don't force her” Mikasa took her cape and nodded at Armin, he stood as if they telepathically understood each other. Armin left the room, but Mikasa, she halted right on the doorstep.

Turning her head over her shoulders, “We won't be strict towards you– hoping you'll understand how much Armin and I trust you to follow Hange's orders.” with that, she closed the door.

Hange.. Commander Hange's peculiar. Absolutely peculiar. She's aware [Y/n]'s a childhood friend of mine.. why would she construct a wall between us? I could be an advantage, I could be the key for [Y/n]'s memory loss!

So why? Why would she order me not to come near her.. but that doesn't stop me from proceeding to a plan I thought of not too long ago. 

M e a n w h i l e

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“I can't believe we're partners.” Yuji groaned. “I can't spell peace without you.”

He crumpled his brows, “That doesn't even make any sense!”

“Same as you picking a fight to someone whose considered as your ally everytime you're given the chance. We're in the same regiment, Yuji! We're allies!”  it appears as if I completely shut him up, he didn't clashed back and only pursed his lips.

I was satisfied with the response I got, but when I heard him mumbling something to himself, I got furious.

“Alright everyone I repeat, do not attack you partners' stomach nor the head or  else that will injure them badly.” as soon as our lieutenant averted his attention from me and Yuji, I got into my fighting position.

Yuji smirked menacingly, “Ah I see! I see! Ahh Chloe is the right one to speak ill of to trigger you.” he got into his fighting position, “I always like to see this reaction of yours. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you.”

He kicked his legs towards me– aiming for head, luckily, I enough reflex to react and held grip of his ankle– the tip of his shoe touching my cheeks.

I rubbed off the dirt from my cheeks, “Dirty.” I pulled his leg closer as I went in to kick his chin from my knees, it wasn't a huge blow but it was an impact enough to lose his balance and fall back.

“There you go, [Y/n].” at the perfect timing, our lieutenant walked passed Yuji– secretly sneering at his state. After he left, I noticed Yuji's eyes scanning every inch of my body, and it threw me off. I'm still a woman, but in combats like this, I bet gender doesn't even exist.

You fight and defeat your opponent in any way possible.

He ran towards me like a maniac, halted right in front of me and threw a punch. I covered my face and shut my eyes tight, but after feeling no contact from his fist to my palms, I was quite confused.

When I felt a presence behind me, I attempted to do a roundhouse kick. Yuji twisted my ankle, the same way I did to him not too long ago. But instead of kicking my chin, he pulled my leg and attempted to grip on my wrists.

However, as he was reeling me in, I took the risk to jump from the leg that held my whole body's weight and kicked his stomach. We both fell on the ground– a loud thud which caught the attention of our lieutenant.

“Ugh..” we both groaned.

“Alright, get a rest you tw–”

“No lieutenant.. I would like to fight with her.” my eyes enlarged as I look up from Takashi– whose slowly approaching me.

Takashi what the hell?

“Alright then.. keep practicing.” Our lieutenant left us to go check on the others.

I held unto my shoulder that took the blow from my body falling and stood up, lightly wobbling. “Takash–” I enveloped my hands around Takashi's fist, my body sliding  from the ground because of his punches impact. I couldn't react fast since I was still confused, unfortunately Takashi  swung his leg around my feet causing me to lose  balance and fall on the ground.

“You give me no choice but to fight back.” I disregarded the painful impact my body suffered from the last two consecutive fall and stood my ground. As I was about to fight back, the next thing I knew, Takashi's whole right arm hit my whole stomach and threw me on the ground.

“That's enough [L/n] and Eito!” Lieutenant stood on top of us

Ugh.. what the hecking heck is that!? I wasn't looking forward in engaging a fight with him, nor having a fight as intense as that one.

“Didn't I said not to aim for the stomach, soldier Eito?” Takashi bowed, “I'm sorry lieutenant I forgot about it. ”

Never did he forgets any order nor rule every training!! When I said he would stop me physically from hurting Yuji, I meant he'll lock me to the ground until I calm myself down. I wasn't expecting him to pull off moves like that to me, not at all.

“Well then, clean the plates that will be used later for dinner. Clean the tables and swipe the floor in the main hall. Everyone you can now eat.” Lieutenant left us

“You are nuts, Takashi!” Chloe ran to us and swiftly punched Takashi's arm. Afterwards, glared at me, “And you,  you're lucky Lieutenant didn't noticed you also aimed for Yuji's stomach!”

Oh. Oh.. well scratch all the aches in my body, I deserved it.

“And this time I will grab your wrist and take you with me to the main hall to eat” Chloe used herself as my support and pulled my aching body. At the very corner of my eyes, I noticed Takashi had trouble approaching me; he bits his lip, his hands tried reaching for me but glitched mid-way and just  pulled it back.

“Takas–”

“I'm sorry.”

“No need to. I understand.”

“No.. no you don't”