Chapter 18

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“Everyone, let's go!” all together, we hooked our grapple at the very top of the wall. It wasn't a new experience, however doing it with a new team hypes everything up. It was, I guess, a dream come true for my child self?

We arrived at the peak of the walls and saw Hange and Levi already inspecting the area. I wasn't expecting to see the two here, and Hange's mere presence riveted me from further walking. I was shaking, I was nervous. 

Why? I don't know.

“Damn.. these titans are excited to eat us,” Hange crouched, “Don't worry mommy is also excited to kill you~ ”

“Commander Hange, they're here.” Our lieutenant spoke, and as she turned around, I froze. I held my breath without intentionally doing it, acting like this without having any clue why annoys me.

Hange clapped, “Alright everyone! This is the right time you show me what you've learned in your trainee days! Now go!” being that I was frozen in my spot, no one came forth and started cleaning up the titan's pestering our walls.

Why isn't anyone going for it though?

I glanced behind me and saw them trembling except for Takashi and Yuji, while Chloe was lightly sweating. I huffed out the breath I was holding out of exasperation.

Don't tell me– right now?!

Takashi seem to take notice of me and pulled out his swords, he approached me and tapped my shoulder. “Go after me.” then ran towards the edge of the walls. Yuji nodded at me before running right after Takashi

I heard the sound of gasses emitting forcibly out of the gear's canister. I was about to go in when I remembered Chloe.

“Ch–”

“Don't worry, I'll go right after you.” I nodded and used my grapple to force inside a titan's nape. As I got nearer to it, I immediately slashed their nape and hooked back to the wall.

“You good?” Hange gave me a thumbs up and a smile. “I-I uh–”

“Focus on your job, [L/n]” Levi stated my last name... it feels weird.

I nodded and left the walls.

Below you [Y/n].

I swiftly avoided a hand about to pull me from below. After getting my momentum, I grappled towards its nape, “Yaa!” I slashed it hard and strong enough for my blades to split into two pieces.

What the hell?!

I tried installing new blades as fast as possible, however I was too distracted    keeping my distance from each titans. I was too far from the walls, I can only resort to grappling from one titan to another just so I wouldn't fall.

Come on!! Lock !!

When I pulled them, I only got the left blade perfectly intact. The right one was stuck inside. I muttered out a curse to myself while trying to pull the right sword, repeatedly.

I used the left sword in hopes of help pulling the sword out, but to my dismay, I only cutted my finger.

The next thing I saw was all smoke and suddenly, I was inside this bizarre looking room?  Where am I?

I moved my leg forward in hopes of getting out of this flesh enveloping my whole body. I only received a quake.. my eyes enlarged when I saw little mortals staring at me horrifyingly.

“Takashi! Save [Y/n]! She must've escaped because of the smoke this titan caused!” Hange yelled– seemingly in distress. 

Takashi aimed towards me, I didn't manage to grab him because he was too fast. But I was deeply worried with the titans surrounding me..

What the hell is going on?!

Some titans were towering over my form, and so I targeted those that were no match against my power nor my height. When I ran away from the walls,  the titans followed me as if they were a magnet.

In a more spacious area, I started taking down those that were taller than me. A hand-to-hand combat, in terms of power I'm the superior. They all fought me like a headless chicken, and some soldiers obliviously offering a help just sped up the cleanup.

Do they know it's me?

If they don't then I must look out for my nape. Takashi might target my nape and find out it's me..

I was about to run back towards the walls when I unexpectedly fell a loud thud on the ground. I looked down and saw small titans feasting on my legs.

I underestimated some of their height and power.

I scanned my area for my escape routine, droplets of sweat streamed down my forehead and I couldn't think straight when these pesky titans started feasting my back.

Damn it damn it damn it damn it damn it

What if I let them open my nape and use my 3DMG to get out of here? Alright.. I'll hope for the best that I have my gear with me..

I pulled my body out of these restraining flesh, it took more than my physical strength to pull myself out as a thought of giving up and just dying here and now passed by my mind.

But as soon as I felt my gear still intact, I pulled the left sword and stabbed right through the flesh. My nape was fully open, I was exposed to the titans. I grappled through them– slicing their nape in the process.

Feeling the air piercing through my skin made me breath out deeply. I was relieved at some point, but the disappointment of me giving up when crisis like that strikes, was far more dominant.

I used each titans as my ladder,
“[Y/n]!!” Hange grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to the top.  “Are you alright?”

I collapsed on the ground– gasping for air.

“[Y/n]! Never do that okay?!” Takashi tumbled beside me and held tightly both of my shoulders.

Never do what.. ? Transform?

My eyes widened

I'm a titan.