Chapter 28

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

We officially left the borders of Wall Rose and now we've entered the danger zone. Wall Maria.

“Separate in groups and make sure there's no titans nearby in any direction!” Hange yelled and pointed her hands to her left– signalling the soldiers to separate with their semi-groups.

Each members from the Levi squad– excluding Mikasa, Eren and Armin– were tasked to lead each semi-group from different directions.

I was tasked under the east side.

Not far off the distance, I sensed a titan entertaining another semi-group.  I was tempted to engage into a fight, but Hange ordered as clear as the day to clear each directions, for now.

Not even a second passed, the skies filled with flare guns with different colors– the color black being the dominant one.

I heard a shot behind me and I whipped my head in shock. I saw the one whom shot the black signal, he was trembling as he keep his gun close to his chest.

“[Y-Y/n]! There's an abnormal behind us!!” before he could even announce it, I already saw a mindless titan swinging its hands around all the while chasing after our horses.

“Run with full speed! Do not engage into a fight unless we really have to. Save your gasses!” we hasten the pace of our horses. I kept looking behind as  there seem to be one soldier from my group falling behind.

The abnormal titan's just right on his tail.

I held my gear.

Just this one..

I turned my horse around, “Continue running!” I hooked on the titan's nape and as I reel myself with full speed, I sliced its nape. 

For a quick second while I was in the air, I saw a glimpse of everything happening on the land. The landscape view I got was horrifying.

“Shoot the Red!” I jump on my horse and heard the sound of the signal flare being shot. This went on for about a minute, shot the flare guns and run until from the very front, we saw a green signal ascending towards the sky.

Hange

“Change of directions, we'll be going to the to the North East!” we turned our horses towards the right.  I'm expecting to bump into Takashi's group since they were the ones originally in North East.

There.

Not far off the distance, we already spotted two abnormal titans tailing behind Takashi's group. Takashi kept waving his hands– signalling for us to turn around.  “Turn your horses now!” he yelled and fired a black signal.

No! We can't ruin the formation!

“[Y/n]! Turn your horses now!!” as they run closer to us, my grasp on my blades started getting tighter and tighter until I prepared myself for another jump.

“Ah shit!” Takashi raced me towards the two and sliced them with ease. It wasn't supposed to be difficult taking them down, but we're struggling more and more as we gradually come near Wall Maria hence why we need to use our gasses.

“Avoid the body.” Takashi's group ran passed us as I nodded. I squinted my eyes as the frontliners– Armin, Mikasa, Eren, Hange and Levi finally entered Wall Maria.

They're in!!

My group made it inside, however I pulled my horse back and turned around.

“[Y-Y/n] let's g–”

“You go first, I need to make sure the other teams make i–”  all accordingly, we covered our ears as we heard a thunderstruck just inside Wall Maria. “T-That's the signal someone already transformed!!”

Yeah, I can sense them very well. They're not good news..

“Hurry, get to the safe zone and leash your horses. I'll follow behind with the other groups.”

“[Y/n]!!” I turned around to see Chloe and the other Levi squad members with their groups running inside the wall. Before they could enter, we all stopped from further moving as another thunder occured.

“We need to get to the safe zone before rocks started raining upon us.” Jean leads the way. Our horses run weren't stable, the ground kept quaking and each second we have to pause to try and scan our surrounding whether it's safe to run pass.

Fortunately, Jean led us to a safe path. We didn't waste anymore time– we've already wasted enough by perceiving our surrounding just to arrive at the safe zone and grappled to a certain roof.

“[Y/n]! Takashi! Yuji! Chloe! Clear out some titans!” Levi momentarily stepped on the roof and pointed behind him, after we nodded, he left to help.

I saw the armored titan for the first time, he was fighting another titan infamously known to be the murderer whom killed my mother.

“[Y/n]–” I jumped on top of a titan's hand. It seems as if this titan was about to smash me, fortunately I have my senses sharpened. When I turned around, Takashi already took care of the titan and killed him.

I nodded as my thank you.

“There's a lot coming from our back, Chloe and Takashi take the right and I'll take those who are behind us. ” I was about to fly when Chloe tugged me back by my uniform. “Let Yuji and Takashi go together, I'll help you. ”

“Chloe, you can't!”

“Why not?”

I bit my lower lip. Everything I fear for is starting to happen right in front of me. “B-Because..”

“Because? [Y/n] we need to go, everybody needs all the help they can get! We can't just stand right here and–”

“It's because I'm weak okay!! You're better off with Takashi, you're the duo afterall! Y-You can lure him the titans and he can kill it all the while protecting you!” I caught a glimpse of Takashi and Yuji's eyes widening.

Chloe only furrowed her brows and walk passed me– our shoulders brushing passed each other.  “What a nonsensical reason. Before I met Takashi, I met you first. We're the original duo [Y/n]. You don't need a motivational speech coming from anyone, you need an awakening speech made by yourself. ”

“Chloe–”

“The soldiers are suddenly dispersing. We need to hide somewhere!!” Yuji whipped his head around in search for a hiding spot. I was confused as to what he meant, but I hauled Chloe away from the roofs edge anyway.

We jumped down and used one of the houses as our shield to whatever it is that Yuji saw.

“Get some distance everyone!!” shockingly, Hange landed on the ground and  hid beside us. We all hugged each other, covering each others' heads and ears.

Right.. they planned to place  small atomic bombs on Reiner's nape. They must've activated it.

After we heard an explosion, we didn't felt anything that could hurt us physically; no rocks, nor winds hitting our body while we keep our eyes shut. We perceived the first explosion to be a small one, a foreshadow for Reiner to know what's going to happen next.

We remained in our positions until we heard another explosion, this time it was louder. Even with a concrete wall protecting us, it was still useless as a strong wind, thick smoke and small rocks still hit and pierced through our body. It slightly unbalanced me from my stable position and Takashi had to help me get back up if in case there's another one coming.

However after a few seconds, everything was dead silent.

“Commander Hange! Reiner's still not down!”