Chapter 26

3rd person's view

Midnight enveloped the base, everyone was in deep slumber yet one remained fully awake. He was smiling, and rolling from one side of the bed to the other.

Eren's mind kept flashing the image of

[Y/n] smiling at him, he even remembers the exact topic they spoke about not too long ago.

He's obviously lovestruck, yet he continues to deny it.

“I should probably sleep.” he chanted the same words 2 hours ago, yet here he is still awake.

His eyelids started fluttering, and gradually his eyes closed but after hearing a loud thud downstairs, his eyes shot open. He got up, eye furrowed in confusion.

“Who would slam the door at this hour?” the moment he got up to check his windows, he heard continuous bangs on his door. It raised his heartbeat for a bit and rushed to open the door

“Yes?” he saw Chloe suffering from distress and Eren was guessing it has something to do with door slamming.

“[Y-Y/n].. [Y/n]'s missing!!”

M e a n w h i l e

“Hiyaa!” the horse sped up its pace.

[Y/n]'s currently racing with the clock being that she left a note on the table stating she was being hold for ransom. The moment they read the note, it's certain Levi will send out the squad to search for her.

Hurry.. run faster.

She purposely slammed the door to alert them she was kidnapped. If not, her plan of stealing Annie's body and inheriting her abilities will foil everything; they can easily accuse her being the female titan that'll appear just minutes from now when she suddenly vanished into thin air– peculiarly in the middle of the night.

Knowing the rumour of her shifting into a titan is still fresh, anyone will believe it. 

Therefore, she needs a reason as to why she was gone and no plan fits better than getting kidnapped.

[Y/n] gripped the replica key close to her chest, “I have to do it.. I can't turn back now.” she left her horse meters away from the tunnel to avoid any suspicions if ever there are guards.

This is Annie Leonhart, of course she's heavily guarde– she's not?

For a moment she gaze around the area in astonishment– there are no presence of guards at all. It may look suspicious, she shrugged it off and dashed inside the tunnel.

When she entered, she pulled out her dagger close to her fingers. Before she cuts herself, doubt started clouding her mind. She has experienced this feeling before, and no way will she let it happen again.

I'm sorry Annie.

A thunder struck her, soon flesh wraps her small figure. She still feels  uncomfortable, but there's nothing she can do if this is her predetermined future. 

She grabbed the crystal and opened her mouth wide enough to swallow it as a whole. She pulled the crystal away when she sensed a dangerous mortal lurking just behind her.

She threw her hand at the person, unfortunately the person swiftly avoided it. She look behind and unintentionally engages into an eye-to-eye contact with her captain, Levi.

She immediately knew she can't do anything other than run from him. Levi's keen speed was already a weapon on its own, what more if he uses his actual weapons?

Like what Eren said, Levi's not a captain for nothing.

Levi aimed for [Y/n]'s left elbow. She senses he's going for her right one next– where she's gripping on Annie's crystal. [Y/n] slowed her pace and threw the crystal far off the distance. 

“You–!!” Levi and [Y/n] raced towards the crystal. She yanked Levi's cables and threw him not too hard on the ground. She heard another gas canister and saw Mikasa nodding at the ground.

Wait who is she–

[Y/n]'s already near to the wall– where the crystal's embedded when she fell on the ground. Small rocks rained on Wall Rose while thick smokes prompted them to cover their eyes.

LEVI!!

She dug her right fingers on the ground to pull herself close to the target. Despite such a sticky situation, [Y/n] glued herself to only one goal: inherit Annie's power.

She will stick to the goal no matter what the consequences.

A hook dug inside her right shoulder, she wasted no time and forced the crystal out of the wall and digest it despite the crystal.

“No!!”

The person whom hooked on her shoulder immediately left to stand on a roof alongside other soldiers.  “She already ate Annie, this titan already hardened her nape.” Mikasa glanced over Levi.

Wait! I'm saved!

“Then let the person inside this titan suffer from not seeing sunlight.”

“But captain, this titan will regenerate its body parts back and will get away from it. ” Armin spoke.

Okay.. [Y/n] think.. how will I get out of here..

[Y/n] pulled herself out of the flesh before pulling out her dagger. She cut her way out, after seeing the outside world, she took advantage of the thick fogs still lingering in the air and jump out.

“I caused major casualties in this area.. I'll be sure punished heavily if I'm proven to be this female tittan.” she coughed and entered inside an alleyway. She slammed her back against the concrete wall and gradually, she let herself fall on the ground.

She was too exhausted to even map out the area she's in. All she could think of was she's successful inheriting Annie's abilities.

“Hardening.. the lesson taught back in the trainee days but never did I see myself doing it.” she silently giggled but immediately pushed herself deeper in the alleyways when she sensed numerous people walking by.

“Clean the body up while you're in search for the female titan shifter. ” an unfamiliar voice spoke. When they marched passed the alleyway, [Y/n] hid more in the shadows.

“I must head back after a few hours or so.”