Chapter 43

Hange's P.O.V

Titans were still feasting on their bodies.. it happened to be outside wall Maria, therefore more titans appeared to feast with the others.

D-Did we do it.. ? Did.. did we won?

The battlefield.. after she screamed, the battlefield fell deadly silent. Though this silence was a poisonous one.. we felt suffocated since we have no information about Levi, Mikasa, Eren and [Y/n]'s whereabouts.

"C-Commander... i-is this.. our victory?"

I can't answer that..

From the distance, we could see two figures: one unconscious, the other approaching us.

"Takashi!!" Armin stumbled towards him and laid Mikasa's unconscious body to the ground. "Takashi.. d-did you see any trace if Levi, Eren and [Y/n]?" I asked. Takashi ran to the edge of the walls, "I'll chec-"

"Commander, is that Eren?" a soldier's yell immediately alerted us to squint down at the far ground. We gasped in unison as a confirmation it's him

"It's Eren! He's carrying [Y/n]!"

Thank goodness!!

Out of extreme joy, I flew down-the others followed from behind. As soon as my foot touched the ground- I run towards Eren and hugged him

"Commander.. [Y/n].. she needs to rest." his weakened eyes stared down at [Y/n]. I followed his soft stare, and checked if [Y/n]'s heart's still beating. It was a slow rhythm, a slow beat.. nevertheless, it was a sign of life.

She's alive!!

"Take the horses!" I ordered. I signalled Eren to place [Y/n] on the ground and take a sit, however he shook his head and pulled her closer, "Remember the day we fought Reiner and I fell unconscious from my titan form? A lot of the soldiers stated she used herself as my pillow and took the damage. Now that the table's have turned.. I want to make her feel that even if she let her guard down, there will always be someone who has her back."

"Eren.."

"Commander, the horses are here!" the soldiers succesfully gathered a bunch of horses and none of them were hurt, however it wasn't the same amount as it was before when we got here.

This is good.. this is great.. but where the hell is Levi?

"Everyone, start departing. I'll scout the area for Levi-"

"But commander, you're alo-"

"I plan to, I can't risk to lose another soldier. Go-"

Out of the blue, we hear someone using a gear from the distance. All accordingly, we scanned our surrounding and I made sure no one left from our group to ensure that was the person I expected to be.

"Levi!" he fell with a loud thud on the ground and we all ran to him, "Where did you go?!"

"Everyone.." Levi coughed, "I came to check if the beast titan met its end and," he wiped away the blood from his lips.

"I'am happy to say that we won this battle."

T i m e s k i p

While the soldiers rested and recovered in their designated room, Eren on the other hand insisted sleeping on a chair beside [Y/n].

Sometimes, I feel bad for this kid.. it seems like [Y/n] doesn't return the feelings Eren has for her. I get it, it's impossible to like the person responsible for your beloved mothers' death.

Though, oddly enough,  Eren has a chance.

I pushed all of my paperworks to get a glimpse of the world.  In all honesty, nothing changed. Yes, the citizens were happy and thank goodness, we will be returning to Wall Maria, but other than that.. no major changes. 

I heard a knock from my door afterwards heard, “It's Levi.”

“You may enter.”

"So what're we going to do with her?"  Levi entered with a bandage enveloping almost his whole head, "Seriously, get yourself a rest first will you?"

"That kid, we can't put her behind bars. " He sat on a chair and stared at me. I flinched. From all the people I expected to hear this from, Levi was the last person in my list. He has a changed of heart.. all of a sudden?

"But she has caused such crimes. You're the one whose been pushing her behind bars since day one. "

He sighed, "I don't usually save someone's ass but [Y/n], she's really fit  being a soldier. I don't need to hand out examples.. because I know you know this too. We should fully utilize her skills alongside Eren and Armin.”

I sat down and smiled, "So does this means.. you accept her back in your squad?"

"She was never kicked out from the squad. "

"That's a relief.. we will be starting the construction in Wall Maria by.. tomorrow?" Levi raised his eyebrow, "Don't start too early. Just take a rest, it's been what.. two or three days since the last day you slept?"

I froze– staring at the clock.  Ever since we defeated Reiner.. I lost track of time.

"Come, leave your office and go to your room" He stood up and opened the door, stopping by the door frame to wait for me.

Start fresh Hange.

"Alright then!" I grab my keys left with Levi.  We had a normal chat– as much as possible we tried avoiding the past and continued talking about the future of each of the walls.

I will make sure, we will be prepared if this type of thing happened again.

I promise that