Chapter 38

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“W-Wait, Takashi? Where did they placed him?” Eren deeply sighed, “Yup, Takashi. Don't worry, Takashi's fine.”

“I have to see him.” I glared. Eren raised his brows afterwards nodded, “I'll take you there.”

I followed Eren, and within 15 walks away from my cell, I saw Takashi curled in a solid ball at the corner of the jail. As soon as Eren unlocked the gates, I rushed to hug him.

I heard his light gasp and didn't utter a word, instead I felt his hands creeping on my shoulders and soon giving me a weak hug.

“[Y-Y/n]” his deep and raspy voice filled the empty and cold room.

Now that I've noticed it.. he blew his candle.

“Are you alright?” he broke the hug and turned my head from side to side with his hands. I smiled, “I'm fine.. can you stand up?” I threw his arms over my shoulder and supported his body.

Upon seeing Eren, Takashi growled, “What's this bastard doing here?”

Oh right.. I have something to request to Eren..

“Eren can Takashi go with us? He can help us conquer Wall Maria since he is a titan shifter as well.”

Eren slightly jumped away from such request and eyed Takashi from head to toe. After scanning him, his eyes darted to mine and gulped.

“Fine. I trust you [Y/n].. y-you know I always do..” after retrieving my childhood memories, I can somehow disagree about that.

The three of us left the underground jail. Upon seeing sunlight, I tried adjusting my eyes. It's brighter than the candle in my room, that's odd. I've been in there for only an hour and my body reacts as if I've been there for a decade. 

“[Y-Y/n]? Takashi?” From the distance, we saw Jean tying his horse– now distracted with our presence, he failed tying.  “Eren, why did you let them out?”

“Commander Hange will tell you later. Now will you please escort Takashi back to his room? ”

“I-I–”

“Go on Jean. After that, we'll help with the preparation.” Eren and I took the opposite way whil  Jean went the other way with Takashi, “Don't do anything stupid Takashi. ” 

M e a n w h i l e

Hange's P.O.V

I clasped my hands as I succesfully got their attention.. whew.. this will be a tough revelation.

I bet Levi won't like this.

“Hello everyone, I would like to say good job on capturing [Y/n] and Takashi. ” My eyes darted on Eren as I mentioned their name. He looks like he's paying much more attention now rather than the past meetings held before. That's good.

“Are we here to talk about a new plan  attacking that beast titan?”

I nodded, “Yes, but there's also something I like everyone to know.” I stood up– their eyes following, “[Y/n] and apparently Takashi will join forces with us in taking Wall Maria back. ”

Multiple questions suddenly filled the air, especially Connie's aggressive reaction.  He was all out throwing questions and some annoyed me while Levi, as expected, kept quiet so does Eren and shockingly Jean.

I clasped my hands and cut the whole noise, “They will not cause any more troubles. I will throw them the most cruel punishment if they did. So please, just the days for preparing.. treat them like they're still part of Survey corps.”

Jean raised his hand, as I nodded at him, everyone's head and ears locked on him. “They are still soldiers afterall. We can't deny the fact that they still helped us.” 

After Jean, with a blink of an eye, Connie raised his hand, “However we can't trust them anymore! Did you guys saw how deadly she was going for Eren's head??!”

“Yes, yes we can't deny that fact but just this once, they're also a great advantage for us. After we conquer Wall Maria, they will get their punishment for what they have done in the past.”

“Then where are they?” Levi asked.  “Jean and I already escorted them back to their rooms.” Eren raised his hand.

Levi nodded and quietly sipped his tea and glance outside the window.  “But commander, aren't they still dangerous? What if they'll use this as their opportunity to escap–”

“Connie, we have the upper hand. We have them surrounded, especially having Armin as the new colossal titan, they can't get away this time.” Levi shockingly spoke– it's at least shocking for me since he has been the one pushing hard on [Y/n]. Though, his argument made me smile.

“But captain–”

“Connie you're not a 5 years old anymore. Stop it with the buts.” the whole room fell deadly silent when Levi placed his cup down with a pressure possible enough for the cup to break.

“I mean.. they will get their punishment right after so..” Sasha showed us a thumbs up, “Plus I'am actually having this guts that we'll finally take wall Maria back!”

I heaved a sigh of relief, the atmospheres not as intense as it was before, thanks to Sasha.

“Hange, tell us the new plan.” I shivered the minute Levi spoke. “R-Right, since the beast titan is not good in close fights Takashi, Eren and [Y/n] are, fortunately, good in that. Takashi can take damage to the beast titan from afar using his bombs while Eren and [Y/n] force their way through and towards the beast titan.”

“Are we going to equip our atomic bombs?” Mikasa asked, I nodded, “We will kill the titans that surrounds the beast titan. As much as possible, let's not let even one titan get close to Eren and [Y/n]. ”

“Of course.. If they were caught by just one titan, the others will go after them in a fast manner. Especially those abnormal ones.. ” Armin added. I snapped my fingers, “Exactly, the titans will corner the two until they're eaten and that leads us to another defeat.”

I raised my hands, “Any more clarifications?” I waited for someone to raise their hands, and even anticipated for Levi to ask something. No one raised their hands, “How about violent reactions?” as fast as the lightning, Connie raised his hands.

“Right, no violent reactions then. Equip our weapons that will be used in the battle field. Make sure your gears are full with gas and your swords are complete. You're all dismissed.” I sat down while all of them left the room except for Levi who was still, perhaps, scanning his surrounding or thinking hard on something.

“Levi, you've been the one pushing for her since day 1 and finding out her participation for the war is kind of shockening– at least I'll be shocked if I were in your position. However, I know you know the advantages of having three titan shifters and one as a back up in the war.” I averted from my paperwork and unto him, “I know you know that this is the final war.”

He raised his brow and stood up, “If it's for the humanities sake, who am I to go against it?”

“You're titled to be the humanities best defender, hence why I expected you to understand my point.”

“Don't worry, I do. I always understand your points Hange, however that doesn't mean I agree to some points made.” I gasped, “Levi don't tell me you don't agr–”

“But right now, damn you're making a lot of sense. I'll be going now.”