Chapter 7

3rd person's view

Eren fell on the ground–  his legs completely giving up on him. Behind him, he heard a loud thud. He peek over his shoulders just to see Jean gasping for air on the ground.

"Look," Eren started, "If it wasn't for you making up a stupid challenge I wouldn't be like this– eager to win and so I tire myself out!"

"Hey!" Jean lift his head up, "There won't be any challenge if you didn't accepted it on the first place!" perhaps you could say the two agreed on a stupid challenge; a race to whoever arrives at the base last gets to be the winner's slave for a month.

"Hey you two! You good? Why're you like that?" their heads all accordingly glance up by the porch, seeing Sasha nonchalantly waving her hand.

"Just go do it Eren." Jean didn't bother standing up. Eren is eager to win from the very beginning, however if he win this without Jean putting up a fight– everything will be useless.

At least that's what he thought.

"No you stupid horse-face! Stand up and fight! You're so weak how can you–"

Out of the blue, Jean stood up and sprinted towards the base. In just a blink of an eye, Eren realised he was tricked.

D-Did he just tricked me.. ?

"Ha! Sucker!" Jean did a victory dance and all Eren could see was a horse dancing with its two legs from the distance.

He crashed his brows, "You son of a–!"

"Come here my slave!" Jean hysterically laughed. Eren's legs were still too weak to carry his body, he had no choice but to torment himself from watching Jean's bad dancing skills.

"Don't help me–"

"Captain will be disappointed if he sees you like this. Go eat and take a rest right after" Mikasa came to Eren's aid. "I said–"

"Why're you helping him Mikasa? He's my slave now–" Mikasa stopped beside Jean's euphoric state and paused for a couple of seconds. The aura she has around her placed Jean to an edge that his smile immediately dropped.

And with a blink of an eye, Mikasa round house kicked Jean.

"M-Mikasa!" Armin approached them.

"Ohh! That's one hell of a leg!" Sasha laughed.

"Next time never accept such stupid challenges coming from him. " she whispered. Upon entering the cabin, Eren pulled himself from her and plodded his way to his bed.

"Leave now. I can rest here" Eren laid down, turning his back on Mikasa.  "I'll go get you a food–"

"I'm not hungry. Just leave me."

Now I'm Jean's slave for 1 month! That bastard if only I knew he will trick me

He sighed one last time before falling into a deep slumber.

Y e a r s  p a s s e d

“Can we do it?” Jean asked.

“If we can't then this will only be a suicide mission. ” Connie further added. “If we capture them before they could turn into titans and apprehend them then we'll have no problem.” Armin tapped his chin.

“Bertholdt and Reiner are both smart enough to even fight with a human form. I'm sure they'll turn into titan before we could get our hands on them.” Eren glance over Armin.

Armin snapped his fingers, “Then I say we do an ambush attack.” Armin looked at Commander Erwin– waiting for affirmation. 

“What kind of ambush Armin?” He asked.

“I say we prepare much earlier. If we take too long to prepare they'll have an advantage and prepare as well. If we went to wall Maria much earlier than expected then Reiner and Bertholdt won't have any time left to prepare.”

Everyone was dead silent. Each were finding possible holes that could easily thwart the plan. And Levi found one.

“And what if they did prepare?” he crossed his legs.

“It's only Bertholdt and Reiner. I'm sure they won't be able to control other titans that surrounds us.”

Captain Levi placed his cup on the table, “This is a Colossial titan and an Armored titan we're talking about, Armin. Even if it is only the two of them, they can defeat us.”

Armin subconsciously shuddered the minute Levi landed his fierce eyes on him. He tried to keep his cool down and took a deep breath,   “Captain we can use the tack tick we did last time. If Eren could use his fighting skills against Reiner then we could take Reiner out first. If Bertholdt launches an attack we can use Reiner as a black mail.”

Use Reiner as a black mail to Bertholdt? What if we accidentally killed Reiner? Then Bertholdt has nothing to lose.

Having this thought, Eren was  suddenly dubious about the whole plan. 

“Let's go” Erwin was in the process of leaving the meeting hall, when Levi spoke up.  “We're going. You stay here.”

“I'm going. I don't want to miss it for the world Levi.”

“ Command–”

“Now prepare the things we need.” he left without having second thoughts about his health. What a true leader.

“What if this goes wrong?” Connie mumbled. “Then we all die.” Connie shivered from Levi's answer. A short yet terrifying scene to imagine if they reach this certain standpoint. 

“We have to take wall Maria as soon as possible. Sooner or later we'll run out of resources to live.” Levi's eyes averted from his squad and watched his tea bounced from loud thumps getting nearer and nearer until the door slammed open.

“I'm late! I'm sorr– where's Erwin? He's late too right?” Hange wiped her sweat. “Captain Hange!!” the members bowed at the senior.

Hange slightly bowed back, coming to silence when she noticed everyone was deep in their thoughts. Levi was staring at her– rubbing his thumb and pointing finger. Though she knows Levi was also drowning from his thoughts.

“Hup,” she stretched her body, “I guess I'm exceedingly late. It's also really dreary here.. who wants to go hunt down titans? I'll take the cute ones, m'kay?”

Sasha's body stiffed and Hange took notice, “Why Sasha?”

“N-Nothing, captain! I-I just thought there are no cute titans..”

“That's simply because you're not in love!”