Chapter 15

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

Strolling down the street with our own horses, even though my stay was just a mere second, this was the place I started building my foundation. My will to fight and solo hunt the murderer whom killed my mother.

I didn't have all the time in the world to explore this part of the town and so seeing a livelier place in contrast to the nearly deserted training camp, I feel quite relieved.

We entered an enormous gates and inside was U-shaped building- the middle being the free spaced/ open area for soldiers to train. Though currently, the open space seems to be empty.

"This is just majestic." Chloe stared in awe. "Come now, take your horses here and go to the main hall."

"I'm getting hype now! C'mon slowpoke" as soon as I finished tying my horse's lead on a fence- same goes for Takashi- Chloe dragged us both inside the biggest and probably the tallest building around the block.

What Hange called earlier to be the main hall.

The minute we entered, I have to admit, the excitement rushing in my body slowed down when all I saw was multiple chairs and tables filling up 90% of the space the gigantic building has.

At the very least, seeing a mini-stage inside this fancy cafeteria amazed me.

"Sit down! Sit down!" Hange appeared on the stage. Upon settling ourselves on our preferred spots, a group of people started entering the stage, standing alongside Hange.

If not because of his perfectly sectioned hair and that famous height of his for a grown man, I wouldn't have noticed him.

Levi.

"Now! Now my new soldiers! We're really glad that you are brave enough to join us and serve the citizens, know that I salute every one of you because this job isn't just about us flying around and enjoying the view from the top of the walls-"

A sudden head-spin occurred in the middle of her speech. I shut my eyes tight as I secretly tucked my head back.

"What I want is to go up," I pointed at the very top of the wall "There"

My eyes shot open.

"[Y/n] are you alright?" I felt Chloe lightly nudging my elbow. "[Y/n] what's wrong?" Takashi joined in.

Is that me when I was a kid.. ?

From the very beginning.. did I already planned everything out? Is becoming one of the Survey corps really my plan when I was just a kid?

"And so thank you!!" I blinked multiple times before trying to arrange my thoughts. I lifted my head with an automatic smile to reassure the two.

"Y-Yeah.. I'm fine, and there's nothing wrong. " I answered. "D-Did I hit your nape too hard yesterday? If so, know that I suffered from deep remorse 'till now. I'm sorr-"

"What are you playing, the guilt card?" I giggled, " I'm fine, Takashi. I completely understand why you took the initiative to step in."

"Stil-"

"Hey [Y/n], you know him?" Chloe pointed to the front. Without even looking, I could already deduce who she's referring to.

"Yeah undercut boy. "

"U-Undercut who?"

I pointed, slightly slumping in my seat just so I could hide myself. "Him the one you are pointing at" through the crowded main hall, the probability of spotting a random girl pointing at you from the very far back of a gigantic room is very unlikely right?

That's not the case for Levi.

He sent me a keen stare before chatting to Hange- his fiery stare never leaving me. When Hange flinched, it alarmed me and I immediately covered my face.

I mean, she did already saw me back at the camp and we've spent days together, so there's no reason for me to be shy right?

"Not him! The other one! The one named Eren Jaeger" Chloe smiled

Eren who? I thought she's talking about Levi.. I mean he has all the attributes a girl is searching for in a lover.

Just, not the height. Not the height.

The Eren Chloe was referring to, waved at me. "[Y/n]!!" I could see through his turquoise eyes the sparkles which glistens from the main hall's light sources.

He knew me.. ?

"W-Wait Eren knows you?!"

"I-I don't know him though. " he was the same guy who wished to enter my room months back right?

"[Y/n]!!" he planned to leave the stage, unfortunately was thwarted by Levi whom mercilessly kicked him to the ground in front of the new trainees.

Everyone gasped, while some concluded Eren to be referring to me and kept exchanging stares at me.

"Alright [Y/n], I love you and all but know that I have a crush on Eren." Chloe whispered. "So is that why you picked Survey corps?" I crumpled my brows.

"W-What? No! I uhm, I just recently found out Eren's under Survey corps so I originally entered this regiment because I don't want to leave you guys. "

"Whoever is that Eren guy, he looks like a trouble to me. " out of the blue, the least person we expected to join in a girl's conversation, spoke. "How come, Takashi?"

He shook his head, "Based off the behaviour he's putting, he looks like a real trouble."

"State why-"

"Alright everyone!!" Hange broke the silence soon eating us alive by covering Levi who was dragging Eren out of the stage. "You may leave now and settle with your new rooms. We'll meet tomorrow for training!!"

T i m e S k i p

Hange's P.O.V

"Never do that ever again, Eren." I walked back and forth around Eren's room, the apparent nervousness driving me nuts.

"Eren, her forgetting everything between you two is the best thing, okay? Trust me in this one.." I stopped pacing around. My soul sleeping in deep slumber, now's aroused and will probably be aroused forever until the hitch of my last breath.

I feel utterly unease.. Eren will be the cause of his death, and probably everyone's death!!

"Mikasa, Armin look after him. "

"Noted."

"Will do!"

As soon as I closed the door, Levi raised his brow on me before walking ahead. "You look fidgety. Why exactly do you want me to shut Eren up whenever he would come near nor even call [Y/n]'s name?"

I deeply sighed and tried gaining my thoughts back. "Because as a captain, it's your job to follow the commander's orders.. an order to keep peace between the mortals."

I promised myself from the last day I met [Y/n], I will not get attached to her anymore.. because it was now that I was foreseeing possible casualties that could occur in the near future if I get attached to her.