Chapter 8

3 years earlier

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

W-Where am I?

I stumbled upon multiple rocks from different sizes. Each building towering over my body all looks as if they'll fall over me in a matter of seconds. An unpleasant smell penetrates through my nose– I immediately looked down and leaped away from the corpse the sole of my shoe's currently trampling over.

What the heck?! A-A corpse?!

Just a few blocks away I heard a loud thump. It was coming from all directions.. whatever happened in this place, I'm sure the one's causing that loud thump were the reason they're dead.

The thumps gradually became louder. Out of panic, I entered a one worn out house just beside me. The thumps turned into a run– quaking the ground exceedingly until it halted just in front of the very house I'm in. I took a peek, and saw a gigantic feet.

What the hell are those? Wait did they smell me?

Fortunately, it walked away.

"W-Who are you?" I froze as I quiver upon hearing a women's voice. This place is abandoned, the least I expect was to bump into a person. B-But wait, this could also be an advantage!! 

I get to know what's happening h–

“Who are you?” gulping as I raise my hands as a sign of defeat, “I-I'm unarmed.. I don't know what's happenin–”

“Turn around.”

“Wha–”

“I said turn around!!” I couldn't do nothing, she has my life wrapped around her finger. I just has this feeling she has something that could defend herself from me, a knife perhaps.

I slowly turned around, she came out of the dark with a knife pointing towards me. "M-Mi–” I was cut off when she dropped the knife and embraced me.

What the?

I didn't even dare push her away. Her scent.. i-it was somewhat familiar..

As she hugged me tighter, a thunder flashed before my eyes and before I could realize it, I was already hugging back– tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Mom!"

"Sweetheart! You're alive!" she cupped my cheeks, tears blurring her almond eyes, "You're actually alive!" she hugged me once again.

Damn.. her scent never goes away.. she still looks beautiful as ever.

"Mom why're you here? It's too dangerous!"

She shook her head, "I stayed because I waited for you.. I know you'll come back so I risked it."

"Oh mom.. you didn't change one bit!"

"Talk about you.. you look like a grown up!"  as we exchange giggles, she ruffled my hair. Silence setting in, her smile never faded.. but mine did.