Chapter 39

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“Hey,” I used my elbow to support my upper body– to check who it was whom spoke just now, “E-Eren?”

“You had a nice sleep?” he smiled, I replied with a small nod and crossed my legs. “Captain visited me yesterday, he drop by my room to explain the plan.”

“Here's a soup for you.” from the nightstand, he enveloped his hands around a steaming soup bowl. My father's diary sat at the same nightstand, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it.

“Say ah, ” I flinched and when I shifted my eyes to him, I saw the spoon in front of me– ready to be digested. I was caught off guard, though it was obvious he was teasing me– I noticed how he attempted to hide his laugh.

“I can do it on my own.” I pushed his wrist down, afterwards my eyes enlarged after seeing cuffs locked around my wrist. Eren tilted his head, “See?”

I nodded, “R-Right, I'm still under supervision..” I don't why I was so shock from being handcuffed, I mean why should I expect to have the freedom to roam and to have my hands free from cuffs?

“Choo choo train~” he lifted the spoon, “W-Wait, i-is this necessary?”

“How will you eat then?”

“T-The spoon, just hand me t-the spoon–” Eren pulled the spoon and the bowl from my hands, “Flustered?”

From eyes widening, I scowled at him, “What's the correlation between feeding me when I have my own hands to feed myself?”

“You're completely right, here you go.” he gave me the bowl but not the spoon. Fortunately, it's a soup, I could just sip and I've already fed myself.

I started sipping– the bowl covering almost my whole face, however there are spaces where I could still see Eren. He seem to be restraining himself from laughing while watching me, and honestly, I don't see anything funny.

I ignored him, however the next seconds I kept hearing snorts from him. I decided to drink the soup as fast as I can, unfortunately I started choking and immediately spurted out the soup.

I wiped my mouth, “Why are you laugh.. ing.. goodness!! What happened to you?!” he sat firmly on his chair– eyes tightly closed– letting the soup I spurt out drip down to his pants. I placed the bowl back on the nightstand and used the white clean sheets to wipe off the liquid.

“W-Why are you even laughing? You know I was digesting the soup!” he still didn't speak up. “E-Eren! Goodness, I'm so sorry!” with my knees on the bed, I bowed.

“W-Wait, it's not my fault. You laughed at me! Goodness!” despite knowing it's not my fault, I still continued wiping off the soup out of guilt. Eren soon coughed, “See? I told you, you should've let me feed you–”

“Why're you laughing at me then?!”

“I-I was laughing at myself!! I-I just recalled Jean dancing a-and next thing I saw myself covered in soup!! Goodness, [Y/n]! Goodness!!”

“Wait, how is it my fault–”

“There you two are! [Y/n] and Eren hurry. We'll be practicing our plan, we don't want to mess this up. ” Hange kicked my door open, Eren and I swiftly stood up and saluted.

Hange raised her brows and suddenly started scanning Eren from head 'till she stopped at his region part. She abruptly covered her mouth, “I didn't know you still piss yourself at that age, Eren?”

“WHAT?!”

“WHAT?”

T i m e  s k i p

“What a team work!” Hange clapped her hands and showed us a thumbs. Upon leaving our titan forms, Eren and I immediately fell flat on the ground– panting heavily.

“A-Are you alright?” I heard him.  I lift my thumbs up, “I'am A Okay.” out of the blue, I felt a liquid oozing out of my nose.

I sat up and tried sniffing– thinking it was just a good ol' cold, however when I rubbed it with my finger, I saw blood.

“Oh!” Eren gasped, “What happened?” he was panicking; asking the soldiers passing by if they have tissues or handkerchief with them while I was staring at the blood.

Did I overuse my ability?

I suddenly heard a cloth being torn apart, Eren grabbed my hand and placed a piece of cloth.  “Eh–”

“Put it on your nose! They're continuously dripping!”

“My my my! What happened?” Hange ran towards us, “Oh.. well then,  that's a cue for a rest.  We only have, how many days again Levi?” all head landed on Levi as he lift his pointing finger.

“E-Eh, 1 day? B-But we aren't ready yet–”

Hange giggled as she threw her arms around Eren's neck, “We've finished preparing our weapons much earlier than expected– leaving us with the job   enhancing you two, but after the practice today it seems like you two had a good teamwork. You talk to each other telepathy?”

“But if we practice tomorrow, [Y/n] might encounter another nose blee–”

“I can handle that. It's not much of a big deal anyways–”

“W-What do you mean not of a big deal?” He got out from Hange's arms, “Your nose is bleeding because you overuse your ability! What if you collapsed in the middle of the fight?!” I only smiled.

“Eren does have a point..” Sasha whispered.

“Well then, we have more titans restored in each of those gates! I will give you two 10 minutes to rest and then we'll go for another round. ” Hange pointed to the top of the mountain, “Everyone go to the top again. ”

“You don't have to be concern so much Eren, I can handle myself. Besides, you pissed yourself earlier.. would I really let a guy that pissed himself look after me when he can't look after himself?” I laughed.

“[Y/n]!!”

I crack a smile and pat his shoulder, “Let's do good in this next round.”