Chapter 42

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

I

have to ensure this to be our last battle. If I need to sacrifice someone, I won't hesitate– for the last years, it has always been like that. To save a life, you must trade thousands of lives in return.

So let this be our win.

I opened my eyes and scanned my area– I'm just behind the titans– hiding in a tree. I snuck my way passed them and it seems like they haven't noticed my presence, yet.

“Don't tell me you still won't give up?” He continued throwing rocks, while Hange and the soldiers continued firing and slashing titans– both parties wanting show dominance over each other.

I sneered. The thing is, this beast titan only knows 2 people can transform into a titan; that's Eren and Takashi. Meaning, he completely dropped his wall on me.  

Fortunately, I wasn't the only one who succesfully snuck passed them. I have backups, including Mikasa. When she finally left her temporary nest, she damaged at least the beast titan's hands and slid through a bunch of abnormal ones. Right after her revelation,  the soldiers trailed behind her– slaying more titans to give someone a special entrance towards the beast titan.

Levi entered the battlefield. It's as if he released his hidden potential and took a critical damage to the beast titan– he took its eyesight.  His goal is to push the beast titan back to where I'm closely hidden while Mikasa distracts the titans protecting his ass. If I see an entrance vision, that's when I'll transform.

Right in front of him.

“Turn around and attack Levi!” He yelled and covered his nape. Even though he was blinded, he has a sense of direction which, unfortunately for him, he had to retreat back.

Just as planned.

The titans from the walls which were distracted by the bombs Takashi and Hange were throwing, now turned around. They waste no time and went for Levi's flesh– completely ignoring Mikasa and the others.

I hooked my grapple to the beast titan's nape, and as I reel myself in, I bit my hand. With a blink of an eye, I threw a punch– targeting its chin.

“You fools!! Attack this goddamn titan!” he groaned. Even though his eyes are still regenerating, he was consistent covering his nape. I ignored his scream of demand–even though I was the new target– and punched its face several times.

It will decrease his chances of regenerating his eyes.

“[Y/n], watch out!!” it took me by shock that Mikasa–whose supposed to be far in the distance protecting my back– is now next to my ear. I completely understood that the titan's pushed passed their defense but before I could react, they pulled my legs.

I had to harden my toes and kick each one of them while I gain further distance from the beast titan.

If only my senses worked, I could've used it so I could avoid these titans from grabbing my legs

They're starting to corner me.. and it seems like Takashi and Hange's bomb were getting weak. I dug my hardened nails deep on the ground in attempt to pull away from the force, when I did, I felt as if the weight on my legs perished.

I took a quick peek before standing up, and unfortunately, I couldn't stand up at all.. Levi and Mikasa had to cut my legs. “Crawl your way to the beast titan, Takashi has your back. We'll clear your front. Once your legs finished regenerating, wait for no signals from us and immediately slay that pest. ” Levi jumped from my shoulders and left.

I'am not complaining, this is the best bet right now. Majority of the titans were also distracted from my legs. However on the front, the beast titan regained its eyesight and called for help.

As I got my legs back, I ran towards the beast titan– ignoring all the hindrance as I lay all my trust to Levi and Mikasa.

After closing our distance, I jumped right after and immediately hardened my knuckles.

This one's for you, my friends..

I caused a crumble on the ground when I landed, though that didn't stopped me from giving the beast titan an alternate punch, one punch after the other. I didn't let a single second passed by without punching him from left to right

“As soon as [Y/n] got close to the beast titan, make sure you put a dot on his life. However, while doing so, never use Annie's skill: to scream to gain all the titan's attention. ” Armin.. “Just attack him with constant punches and take the person out of that body. We promise, we got your back. However, if the table's have turned, we'll immediately pull you out of the battlefield ... and retreat.”

My punches stopped when I felt his hands penetrating through my fists, “Oh.. you're a skilled titan.. why are you so angry? You do know it's not me whom caused this? It's Reiner and Bertholdt!”

I forced my fists down, “You killed the people I love! How dare you put yourself out of this whole chaos! You! You had your hands covered in blood the minute you were born!” he positioned his feet on my stomach, however he did not kicked me.    “It was you! If only you didn't help Reiner and Bertholdt, if only you didn't fought back!”

It seems as if he was collecting all his strength because the moment he kicked me, I landed far away from him.

“You ignorant child, where do you place yourself then? Don't act as if this was all my fault! I don't know you, nor do I care about your friends. If it's your job protecting them and you failed to, doesn't that just covers your hands with blood too? ” he slowly stood up. “You should rethink your life choices and choose your words wisely. Even if you're a human and a titan shifter, you can't be in the middle of sin and innocence. You must always choose a side. Stupid humans.. this is why you're close to extinction. ”

I remained silent. “You could always choose us, my dear child. I'll accept you and shrug off this fight between us..”

“That'll be inhumane of me. I learned the hard way how emotions what makes us the stupid humans you pointed. Emotions are the most powerful weapon we possess, unfortunately for you, you only recognized the disadvantages of expressing emotions.  Allow me to show you the advantages then..”

Even though I was a stone when my mother, Yuji, and Chloe died, I realised that the thirst of revenge took over me before I could even let a single tear out– because just now, I felt like killing the beast titan was the perfect fit for my thirst.

Hange's P.O.V

Dang it.. what's going on there? We're almost out of bomb!! Takashi's pushing his through his limits and I fear that Mikasa,  and Levi won't be able to keep those titans from [Y/n]!

The soldiers.. the death of the soldiers were also increasing!

“I-I need to transform..” I whipped my head down towards Eren– who just regained conscious.  “No! You can't!”

“I-I need to help [Y/n].. she needs me.. w-we're allies..” Eren stood up and his eyes, immediately enlarged.

He saw hell, I didn't even noticed I was looking at hell .. I was just so used to it.

“T-They need me!” he was about to bite his hands when we heard her scream.

“[Y/n]!!” I yelled as I saw titans stopped attacking Takashi, Levi, Mikasa and the rest of the remaining soldiers. They ignored their presence and immediately started racing  where [Y/n] and the beast titan is.

“No! I told her not to use Annie's scream!” Armin rolled down the ground after he received a massive damage from the titans.  Suddenly, I heard someone use their gear– passing through me.

“Eren!” Armin tried stopping him but we were all petrified at the scene of titans swarming past each other.

[Y/n]..