Chapter 11

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

It was early in the morning, and the scent of [F/f] (favorite food) permeating the small room has awoken my soul. The crumble of my stomach greeted me as my good morning and soon I find myself gobbling the food down in my system.

The feeling of having a full stomach– a proper meal without having to worry what's to eat tomorrow has left me stupefied. It feels as if I'm doing something wrong.. do I really deserve to eat a proper meal without having to do anything?

I made sure I cleaned up my messy plate before standing up to get an eyeful of the new biosphere I'm currently living in– and perhaps, will remain here forever.

Kids running in circles in hopes of tagging each other, parents chitchatting in nonchalant manner, and soldiers keeping the place in under surveillance.

They were happy despite the hell just under their nose. This is not healthy.

Though I do wish I can turn a blind eye like them.

I closed my eyes as I inhale– my eyes shot open when the door slammed to the wall and I was greeted with a shout , "Good morning to you!!"

Hange.

Being that the door was wide open, there stood a small frame behind Hange. “So what's your plan, hmm? Going to join the Survey corps, hmm? The Survey corps?” after she ensconced herself on my bed, she crossed her legs.

I nodded, "But I want to tell you if that undercut boy there is not here." my blood involuntarily boils whenever I see his height, his dozing off eyes, and that split hair.. that annoying split hair of his– it's so perfectly sectioned that it annoys me.

I suddenly smacked my forehead

That's so nonsensical. I'm angry at him because he has a perfect figure– except his height– when I could've stated because of the attitude he has when he spoke to me back at the walls? Well.. technically it's my fault too.. since I did paid no respect to them at that time..

He doesn't look like he was insulted. Just a dazed off face.

"I'm sorry this is our place, you should be the one leaving not me." He barked. "I will leave soon so calm yourself down undercut boy." I crossed my hands

"Whoah," Hange giggled nervously and stood up– placing a heavy hand on my shoulder, "That undercut boy you're talking about is older than 30 years old already. " she muttered.

I sucked in my breath as my eyes enlarged.

W-What?! With his height he looks like a brat that is much younger than me!

"That's right [L/n], learn how to respect your senior– or have manners in general. Dying with a good morale isn't such a bad thought right?  "

With his age he also has sharp ears! Dang.. my eyes fooled me too much..

"So what's your choice?" she pats my shoulder.

It looks like this old undercut man isn't going to leave soon.. I have no choice but to say it in front of him.

"I want to be like you."

Levi tittered, "What a cutie, A 15 year old girl dreaming to be a commander with an attitude like that? Wake up. " I scowled at his statement and was about to retort something back when Hange stood forward– her hands blocking my way.

"Levi anyone can be anything they want to be, who knows perhaps one day she'll be the one taking my position next." Hange smiled, "I'm guessing you want to be a soldier and take revenge for your mother hmm?"

I nodded, "Then you'll be put in the 108th training. You will start today since today commander Keith is recruiting trainees, am I right Levi?"

Levi gave us a small nod. "Then it's settled! We'll take you there!!" Hange hauled me out of the room, after stumbling past Levi, I sent him a death glare before catching up to Hange's pace.

T i m e  s k i p

Levi hopped unto a horse and so did Hange.

I don't know anything about riding a horse.. I don't even know how to balance myself!

"You'll be riding with me." Hange stretched her hand out for me to grab, "How do I go up there?"

"This girl has a lot to learn," Levi passed by– riding his horse. "Starting with a horse riding." unfortunately for me, he stopped right under my nose just so he could amuse himself from my failure of not having knowledge with one of the basic yet essential in surviving in our time– riding a horse.

"Stop looking old man."

"I want to see you fail. Go on."

Ack, why am I stressing? I can do this.. this should've been something that is easy for me.. ! I've encountered a lot of titans before and even survived!

A single horse riding wouldn't scare me!

"Just step on the stirrup and lift your whole body. Hold on to the saddle and you're done!" I was about to grab on Hange's helping hand and step on the stirrup when she unexpectedly threw her hands on the air before I get to pull myself up.

Well what do ya know? She's been sticking her hand most of the part the old man and I were arguing yet she decided to threw them up precisely at the moment I reached for it. This is preposterous.

“You just had to be blind.”

“Pride's on point, sir Levi.”

“Did you clean your tongue before mentioning my name?”

Pride is indeed immaculate. I shrug his blunt remark off and followed Hange's instructions.

"There you go. Now hold on tight!" As soon as I sat down, I didn't even manage to prepare myself when Hange already moved the horse.

"Whoah!" I hugged her. "Now, now don't get too touchy. You need to learn how to ride horses!! "  Hange roar out of laughter while I shriek in my spot– gripping on her uniform as tight as I could.

"Balance yourself [Y/n]!" I heard another horse's clop from my right. Unexpectedly, I felt Hange raise herself.

I opened my right eye to peek only to see her butt covering my view. Out of panic, my eyes shot open and averted from Hange's butt.

I saw Levi galloping the horse same way as Hange.. though he was emotionless.

"Ha! Ha! I'am enjoying myself too much!" Hange screamed. "Yeeha!" the horse hurtled.

"H-Hange!"

Hange will be the cause of my death!