Chapter 41

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“It's not the right time to bicker you two!”

“[Y/n], we need to get at least to a higher ground or else we won't know the possible places where that beast titan could be hiding.”  from what Eren suggested, Takashi immediately turned his back on us.

Is he mad?

“I'll scout the ground level.” Takashi gave me a nod before running off the distance. Above the sky, we could hear multiple gas canisters from different directions.. it looks like they've successfully entered Wall Maria.

“We separate directions, Eren. I have my senses with me, I'll be alright– what're you doing?!” I pushed his hands down– away from his mouth. This dude was literally about to transform!!

“Takashi's gone, I can transform no–”

“No, you can't! Scout your area first before transforming! Think smarter, not harder you rock–headed dude!” he giggled, “Alright, alright. I just want to hear the order directly from you, not from that guy. I'll scout the east to south, you do the west to north.” he left me hanging as he went up the walls.

The audacity of this man to say such thing in the middle of a life and death situation–

I shook my head and went to the direction assigned to me. I ran around the area, I kept seeing titans beneath me but did not sensed any of their presence?

My senses.. why can't I use them now?

Looking like there's no hairy titan peeping from the distance– at least from my side.

That must mean he's on Eren's side.

As I was about to fly across Eren's side, someone fell from above and hauled me towards the side. Afterwards, I heard loud thumps and a crash.

We rolled nonstop, our bodies got separated from each other and I was stunned. I couldn't get up immediately however I looked up to see who saved me.

“C-Captain Levi!!”

“A rock was about to smash your body! Be alert, [Y/n]!” he groaned as he stood up. “R-Really? I thought the titan's by Eren's side–” my eyes widened. My senses.. is it really gone?

“You need to go and back up Eren, he's already going straight to the beast titan. ” he pulled my body, “Takashi transformed behind us, make sure not to get in his way or else you'll die from his own bullets.” he left.

“Ere–” Eren flew passed me– he was aiming towards the beast titan behind me and he looks eager to transform right in front of it. Might sound stupid, but if he transformed while he's inside Wall Maria, chances are he'll get mowed down immediately by the beast titan– especially that the beast titan got the distance he wanted.

I'm glad he remembered Takashi's warning. 

For a split second, silence filled the whole battlefield as Eren transformed. 

“Call more titans!” the beast titan screamed for help. A random titan ran the opposite way from Eren, “Takashi!!” before Takashi could shut the titan up, it was successful calling for help.

It pulled the trigger in me and the next thing I knew, I was clearing titans for Eren.

“[Y/n], take care of those in the front! Just let Eren get near the beast titan and the rest will be a hand-to-hand combat.” Jean gave me a nod before he signalled his team to guard Eren's back.

Come on.. it will be really helpful if my senses goes back to normal!! Why can't I predict any movements?!

When Eren shifted, he was running. As a minute– not even a second goes by, he's slowing down. It doesn't help especially the more we got near, the more soldiers we're losing.

The small and abnormal ones were doing a great job slowing him down.

Suddenly, Mikasa appeared beside me. After we locked a random eye-contact, she reached for Eren's head.  “Eren, start running after [Y/n] and I temporarily clear your way. It will be a small path, but as soon as you see an opportunity to start running, immediately go for it!” 

Ah.. so that's what the eye-contact's for. No wonder I didn't questioned it– it's because I understood what she wants to deliver.

We gave Eren his small pathway, although we sliced napes here and there, the titan's keeps closing Eren's opportunity too quickly. Fortunately, Jean's team handled their part well and helped clearing the front afterwards.

All three of us saw an opening, we whipped our heads to Eren and he seem to immediately perceived. When Eren started running, this time we decided to keep his back guarded.

“[Y/n]–” I heard a cut scream, when I turned to look I saw enormous hands firmly wrapped on Jean's small frame.

“Shit, Jean!! Mikasa take care of them for a bit for me. ” I fully charged towards the titan and sliced both its mouth and the hand holding Jean hostage. Unfortunately, I lost my momentum and rolled towards the rough ground.

“Jean!!” Despite my speed, the titan managed to eat half of Jean's body.

“Leave me here and help Mikasa.. the titans will eat Eren!” I stumbled towards his body,  “N-No, I will take you to the walls!” I immediately unbuckled my gear to hopefully wrap Jean's body around it and to bring ourselves back at the top.

“[Y/n], I'm of no use now!” he pushed me, “Shut up, shut up shut up shut up! I will save you, I will save you.” I attempted to lock the gear again, however with the space both my body and Jean took, it couldn't lock anymore. “Lock!! Jean I wil–” I froze as I saw his state.. all lifeless.

“Come here!” Connie hauled me out of the scene– both falling heavily on top of Wall Maria.

Jean..

“We need to take Eren away from here!” right after we landed, another pair came; Mikasa holding Eren's unconscious body.

Holy.. Eren!!

He was badly injured; His limbs were missing and he was a steaming mess. I glanced down to where I last left his titan form and titans were happily feasting on it.

I dragged my body to him, “Eren, Eren I'm sorry.. Eren..”

“Get up on your feet, [Y/n]! You and Takashi are our only chance left!” Hange grabbed my cheeks, “Stop crying, this is not the best time to cry!!”  I tightly closed my eyes.

“Commander!” I heard his voice, when I opened my eyes, everything was blurry. We looked up to Armin and he too was injured– his right arm's bleeding badly. “We can still win this.. I-I thought of a plan.  ”