Chapter 23

[Y/n]'s P.O.V

“Thank you for the food!” after finishing our dinner, the chairs scraped against the wooden floor as they all stood up and left the dining area. “[Y/n], you're excused with the dishes today. Go rest” Jean started tidying the table up.

I can't believe he's this casual towards the person he bullied before. Though, this doesn't mean we can't work things out.

“U-Uhm,” my plate was still occupied with foods. “[Y/n], you're still eating?” Takashi sat back down.

“Oh! You can go rest now Takashi, this food isn't for me. I already ate mine.”

“Who is it for then?”

“Uhm.. s-someone. It's getting late, I'll head first now. Thank you for the food” I bowed before leaving the dining area– the plate wrapped around my hands. I stopped my tracks and knocked on his door.

After receiving no response, I leaned my ear on the door and heard muffled footsteps. H-He's coming!

“Yes?”

“G-Good evening!” I stretched my hands as I forwarded the plate. “You didn't joined us in the dinner and thought you might be starving yourself after the beatings you received from Captain Levi.. s-so I brought you one.”

Eren accepted my offer and opened his door widen enough for me to enter, “P-Please join me!”

Upon revealing his room, I'd anticipated it to be a shared room with bunk beds. But it was the total opposite, it was a fairly large room with one bed. He didn't lit his candles but he opened his window for the moon to illuminate his room.

It was gloomy inside, however I can't deny he kept it tidy.

I entered and sat on his bed. He lit his candles and closed his window. “I thought everyone shares room with one another?”

“I'm an exemption. S-So how's your day?” I was waiting for him to prioritize eating his food, but he just seem to shrug it off. “It was a rough one. Rumour's been circulating around the camp saying I transformed into a titan..”

“Don't mind them, they just want drama. Uhm.. are you.. okay?” I swiftly landed my eyes on him and blinked in confusion. “I'm okay, yeah yeah.. ”

This is so darn awkward.

“Y-You should eat.”

“Join me”

“I'm full already.” he lift up his spoon and fork and started munching in. While eating, I can't help but open up a topic I've been meaning to talk about.  I bit my lips, “It might sound personal, but why does Captain Levi has this thing about you?”

“What?” he gulped his food, “Thing what?”

“Well, you know since I got here everytime I catch you with him, all he does is hurt you and pin you to the ground.”

“Is that so? Well it's my fault anyway.. Captain Levi's a disciplined man. He didn't became a captain for nothing.”

“But he doesn't need to be an ass! You're all bruised up, in fact, too wounded that I can see them even with the candle's dim light!” Eren giggled, “Are you concerned for me?”

I tilted my head, afterwards furrowed my brows, “Who wouldn't? Not to mention you locked yourself up in this devastating-looking room! You're an ally of mine, we should look out for each other.. hence why I came here with a food. ”

For a split second Eren was staring into an imaginative abyss. The room fell dead silent.

I flinched when Eren let out a sudden laugh. “That's sweet as always, [Y/n]. I'm not locking myself up in this room, I'm just.. I've been thinking.. he do you want to know a trick?”

“Wait, don't just casually divert the topic! What do you mean 'that's sweet as always'? ” his eyes enlarged, as if realization just struck him straight through his body. Now I'm eager to know what he meant.

“I-I phrased it wrong! I meant 'that's sweet of you' b-but that's beside the point! Do you want to know a trick?” he pulled his chair closer to the bed. “What trick?”

“If you bit your hand, your strength will double the number.” he raised his hand as if he was going to bite it, when I raised mine Eren halted me by yelling.

“Wait!”

“O-Oh”

“Not right now. We'll be conquering Wall Maria in just a few days, if ever you're caught up in trouble just do the trick. Everyone has their own strength and they come differently when someone bites their hand. You will discover yours and from then on, you can manipulate it.”

“Wow.. so will I be superwoman or something when I bit mine? Will I be able to lift a truck and throw it?”

“What?”

“What? You said my strength doubles up, so I'll be able to throw a truck right?”

“I-I mean, if you want to.. then I guess yeah.”

“You sound so unsure. Should I bite it now so we get to discover it–”

“N-No! Were you listening?” he grab the spoon and lightly knocked it on my head. “I said use it when you're caught up with trouble, then you'll be able to discover it. If you do it now, Capatin Levi will enrage and punish me instead of you”

I rubbed the spot he hit the spoon and sighed in defeat, I raised both my palms in the air. “You won, that's a nice threat. But if I use it when the day comes and things get out of hand, you'll save my ass right? Because we're allies?”

He knocked the spoon on my head for the second time, “No, it's your responsibility.”

“S-So.. we no allies?”

“We no allies.” he giggled and raised his hand where he was holding the spoon, I shrunk in my seat while protecting my head– anticipating for him to hit me again.

But then I realized, in the first place, he has no reason to hit me. I have a reasonable  argument, I'll argue back since we no allies!

I froze for a few seconds and Eren's still didn't hit me. I removed my hands above my head and was about to retort my argument when he immediately hit my head. For the third damn time.

“Eren!!”

“We're allies. We're allies. I'm just joking.. I got your back when things get out of hand.”

“You're not going through my head, you hit me with that darn spoon for the third time now. Is that how you will repay me after I brought you a meal?”

“I mean.. I didn't asked for it in the first place.”

My body stiffed, afterwards I nodded, “You're right, you're right. That's because it's what we call a kind act Eren. Never heard of that?”

“I've only acknowledged yours.” my eyes enlarged as if his words pierced my heart. I didn't know my cheeks were a shade of pink until I saw a reflection of myself on the closed windows.

Getting flustered by simple words? Come on [Y/n], you're better than this!

Eren hysterically laughed, too uncontrollable to the point he started slapping his thighs. “W-What?”

“Why are you blushing? Never heard of compliments or what we call kind words?

“You're a little menace.” he laughed even harder. Though seeing him laugh like this, placed a dot to our conversation. I believe, it's my time to leave.

We ended our first time conversation with a positive mood though, and we seem to get along pretty well. I'm happy.

I stood up, it seems even if I leave his room, he still won't stop laughing. “I'll leave now, we'll see tomorrow for training though. ”

He nodded, “I'll see you tomorrow too. Don't worry, I'll eat together with you and the other members!” he waved.

Looks like I'll be getting along with this guy.