Chapter 6: Accident

Natasha's POV

Its a warm June evening, the sun had just set below the horizon but it was still just light enough that i could see every detail of Lauren's beautiful face. The frogs have yet to croak however, the crickets are singing their nightly song, the fireflies had begun their dance, and the cool breeze brought her close to my chest. As we lay on the blanket over the still warm grass, starring up at the purple evening sky, slowly seeing the stars waking in up and the moon coming to watch over us. The wind rustling the leaves in the trees, the slightest sound of waves crashing on the edge of the lake, we had turned the music off hours ago, the pinging sound of my phone bringing me out of my peaceful trance.

Natty🥜 : hey Nat can you come home soon we're going to have a family meeting

me: yea i can be there in an hour. That ok?

Natty🥜 : sure

"My brother just texted me, i have to head home soon but were gonna stay for at least 20-30 minutes" i smiled at her, running my hand on her face and in her hair she smiles at me before sitting up, i groan at her absence.

"You were going to sing for me" she laughs and I couldn't help it but went with what she said even if i wasn't prepared and haven't ever sang in front of anyone.

"Uh huh sure" i smile humming a song i wrote not to long ago

"No.. actually sing" she bumps my shoulder

"I'm walking out my front door
I'm jumping in my car
Take another left on Main Street
Head right to where you are
I'm rolling down my window
I'm turn the radio on
Find a little spot to let go
Get a little good time gone

'Cause this is an all-nighter
A get-lost-with-you-running-through-every-red-light-er
Falling and feeling like a star right out of a midnight sky-er
Let the time fly by 'cause it's a finding her hand
Taking a chance, starting a fire, this is an all-nighter"

"Damn you sound amazing" she started leaning in for a kiss when my phone went off again. I grunted

"What now..."

Amber🌲:you need to come home now please this is important..

Me: ok ill leave in a few I'm a ways away from my car

Amber🌲: just hurry

Me: like i said ill be home as soon as i can

"I'm sorry apparently this is really important." I sigh and stand giving her my hand, then picking up our mess.

"It's ok i understand" she smiles and take it "but i expect a repeat of tonight" she stands and quickly kisses my cheek causing me to blush.

"Of course" she's really got me fucked up, i watched her walk to my car, her hips swaying slightly from left to right.

We're getting off the highway rolling through a green light, thats when i saw the lights from a semi...

~18 hours later~

Lauren's POV

"Laur?" I pull my eyes away from the emergency room door, to look at Amy, I'm not sure when she sat by me. I felt her hand slip into mine, normally I'd pull away but i leave it, after all i almost died yesterday.

A man in all white walks out, blue face mask and bloody gloves still on. "Ive got good news and bad news and unfortunately more bad news" he shuffles once he finds a spot to stand, as close to 30 people surround him, i saw him take a big deep breath before continuing.