Chapter 7: The Hospital

Laurens POV- June

14 hours later, I've just been sitting by her bed side i refuse to leave Christina and lisa have been trying to make me come home. I cant, I just cant leave her till she wakes up, her siblings refused to stay so when she wakes up I don't want her to be alone. I slept under the window on the bench last night, i asked dani if she can bring me stuff today so I don't have to go home for a few days. The doctor said she most likely wouldn't be awake for at least a month if not two, look who found a new home.. I glance over at Natasha in the bed "just please wake up for me soon... please"

3 weeks later- early July

Since the accident i really haven't left her side. Her doctor told me the other day they don't know when she's going to wake up. It could be a week or it could be a year. Been here everyday spending but a few hours away from her, ive started developing feeling for her. I talk to her all the time, binge watching shows. I bring flowers every few days and her sister told me her favorite candy so there is a lot of that here, teddy bears anything i could think to bring her.

I cant sleep, I'm up most nights avoiding those dreams that when i close my eyes i relive it. I fight it, sleep and trying to stay awake all night to avoid one of two dreams.

(Warning! The next few paragraphs are relatively graphic, if you are triggered or get nauseous easy please skip to the next part (1 month 3 & 1/2weeks)

The first; It starts with the sound, you could of heard a pin drop on the carpeted floor of her Mercedes, then one of the most terrifying things you could hear, the freight train horn of a semi blaring at you. The lights appear, it was dark lights from her car and a few street lights was all we saw for the longest time maybe a car, then as were rolling through a green a drunk semi comes screaming towards us everything happened so fast. Then it was like the world hit the slow-motion button, the horn echoing, lights blinding for a moment then you couldn't see left from right we were spinning fast, Natasha had both hands on the wheel trying to stop us from spinning. Then when the rock bounced off the median, racing towards the window shattering it, scared us both she let go with one hand to try to protect her face, thats when we lost control. I tend to wake up at that point.

The second is much shorter; it starts with me upside down, looking around i see Natasha holding her neck, blood pouring down her hand as her neck gushing. She's crying panicking, unable to speak, barely able to breathe. Both our faces drenched dripping blood, I'm screaming for help desperate to get to her, to get her out of here. Once someone helps me get out i run over to her and try to help her, i replace her hand with mine so she can help get out, but she's stuck. That's when the nightmare gets much worse, help never comes, it ends one of two ways i either push on the glass and it hits her artery then she dies, or the paramedics never come and she bleeds out slowly. When i wake up its normally always dark, and i reach to hold tightly onto her hand looking at her heart monitor.

I hate sleeping, if i do sleep the little amount i get is cuddled up next to her either holding her hand all night or my head resting on her leg. I wish she would wake up, i need someone who's been though that. i need her, and i know she's going to need me.

1 month & 3 1/2weeks later- Late August

A familiar sight; a calm room only hearing the beeping of the machines, dimly light the blinds open to let the little but of sun that shines through in. Same smell; clean, like how it smells after a rain storm when its been really dusty. Her; her legs covered with a hospital blue blanket, a bed slightly propped up, her arms resting at the side of her white gown, the iv hanging off her right hand, her bandaged neck, a scared face where blood once stained her face, tubes hanging out of her mouth leading to the machines.