Chapter 16: Date night

Lauren's Pov- two year anniversary

Best feeling in the world, waking up slowly with the love of your life on your left, and the sound of rain hitting the widow on your right. As I laid there I thought about everything we've gone though the last two years, more then some go though in a life time. I rolled over looking at the time 6:15 am, rolling over I quietly got up and grabbed my clothes quickly changing.

Scribbling down a note for Nat if she wakes up,

Hey gorgeous! Running out to the store should be back before you wake up but if I'm not, I love you happy anniversary!

I run out the door shortly after heading to a coffee stand, picking up food and things for the day before heading back.

She was awake and scrolling though her phone when I walked in. I looked down at my watch to see it was 8:24.

"Morning sleepy head I'm surprised your up so early." Leaning down I peck her lips, putting the coffees I got down.

Happy anniversary love, she smiled kissing me softly, I kicked my shoes off climbing into bed not breaking the kiss, her lips were softer then I remembered, or has it really been that long of a morning.

After we stopped kissing I was laying next to her as she played with my hair smile glued to her face. "So do you want to know what I've planned for us to do today?" I said softly finally breaking the silence, she nodded sitting up to look at me.

"Well were going to the pier since there is a carnival in town, next have a reservation tonight at your favorite restaurant, then we're gonna come back and I have something to show you that I think you'll like"

What are you gonna show me?

"Oh just a video the girls and I have been working on I think you'll like it." I smiled at her she's always loved our videos.

Oh ok, new cover, skit or a challenge?

"Cover" I replied getting up to shower.

I took a quick one not washing my hair since it wasn't really dirty, getting on clean clothes I got out so she can shower and we can go.

~time skip~

We've been at the carnival for and hour people harassing us since I'm doing all the talking, random kids would come up and ask for pictures which normally I'd say yes but I can't today, today is all about my baby.

She got claustrophobic on the ride that your locked in a cage being thrown around so we left and went shopping instead. The time flew by, next thing I knew it was an hour to our reservation, we quickly changed clothes and made our reservation on time.

"Hi we have a reservation under Cimorelli." I says sweetly hoping they didn't bump us.

"Ah yes right this way please." The usher motioned for us to fallow the man in a black tux and bow tie.

When we were seated and had ordered I couldn't help but look at how beautiful the girl across from me was.

"You get more and more gorgeous every time I look at you" I cooed

Hush you, her face turning red, she never was a big fan of compliments.

"Ok I won't embarrass you, but you are" I took her had, "I've never felt more loved then I do with you, you make my heart happy" smiling at her I brought her hand closer to my mouth kissing the back of it.

I was going to tell you how lucky I am to have you but it will seem small in comparison to how you make me feel. She smiled back at me.

"Nothing you do or say to me will ever be small, you have an impact on me that you haven't a clue about."

She was about to say something when our food arrived, she decided to go on a vegetarian diet shortly before I practically disappeared for 3 months, so she was eating a salad, while I had chicken pesto, shocker I know.

After I paid for our food, to which she got very upset with me about, we got in the car and I took her to the lake where we had our almost first date.

It was dark and no one else was there but one truck, the canopy of the truck was lit up, with blankets all inside it and a laptop filled with movies plus loads of snacks.

"I thought we'd take a walk before we watched some movies" I pointed to the truck.

Lauren you didn't, She exclaimed.

"I did I'm sorry but I felt bad abandoning you for 3 months, this was my way to make it up to you." I looked at her eyes for the first time since she saw the truck and they were filled with tears as they slowly dropped down her face. "Shh don't cry, I want you to be happy."

I'm happy, she said as she stepped back, I've just never felt so lucky in my life, She smiled wide kissing my cheeks and lips multiple times.

"I want to show you something" I took her hand leading her to the dock. "I remember you saying you used to come here a lot to think but that you'd never seen in at night, well I got the city to turn off the street lights around here so there's nothing to obstruct the view." I pointed at the lake which was a perfect reflection of the stars above.

We didn't speak for a long time she was to busy looking at the stars and lake, just everything around us.

Thank you, really this is better then any gift you could ever give me. She smiled hugging me tightly.

"Of course love, would you like to sit out here or go into our 'tent' for the night" I motion to the truck.

She smiled sitting down on the dock, patting the spot next to her for me to do the same, when I did she kissed me for a long time.

After hours of sitting on the dock not talking about anything, random kisses here and there we made our way to the truck and laid down. End of the truck still open so we could look at the lake and stars reflecting off of it, a movie quietly played in the background.

When the first movie ended we closed the truck up and flipped of the lights, a small heater in the top corner going on a low setting she cuddled up to me. I'm not even sure what the second movie we watched was since we basically made out the whole time, "I love you so much you have no idea." I whispered to her the end credits rolling in the background as a sappy song was playing my hand lightly brushing the hair away from her face.

I love you too, I don't think I ever will but I hope one day I have an idea. She smiled a easy day for the two of us, besides the people harassing her earlier it was a good day, a really good day.

We fell asleep during the third movie, but we're woken up by the sound of my alarm.

6:23 so we could watch the sunrise, (picture above), we got up and went to sit by the lake so we could see it better, I brought my laptop to the edge of the truck bed so I could show her the video.

"Hey beautiful! I want to show you the video we made" I smiled nervously.

Ok baby, She stood walking over as I pressed play.

"I'm gonna grab my jacket out of the car, I'll get yours too." The morning air made me chilly.

When I came back she was in tears, eyes fixed on the screen, when it flashed to black screen with a few words on it she turned around and looked at me with hopeful eyes.

Word count: 1345

Shorter one because chapter 14 and 15 were so long. (All were written the same day I kinda just ran out of brain power)

Quarantine update: day who knows..- I haven't written anything since this started, so the extra posts need to stop till I can get some inspiration. I'm losing my mind this shit sucks...

~thanks for reading R.J.~