The Pink Devil

This isn't the first time this has happened. Where my entire squad dies but me. I always end up blaming myself. It takes quite a toll on the mind. My philosophy has always been, 'The closer you are to death, the more it affects you.' I believe that still applies in the game. Nevertheless, I pressed on. To the structure in the desert, Eva said. That structure turned out to be a Satellite station. I approached it cautiously and kept my guard up. When I neared the front door, I hesitated. I listened and heard the wind whisper. I was being targeted. I snapped to attention and drew my Deagle behind me but I did not expect to find what I saw. A small cute girl covered in pink from head to toe. Her hat had little ears on it and she held a pink P-90 SMG in her hands. We were aiming at each other but nothing was happening. Her bullet line was on my head and mine was on hers. Yet, neither of us fired. I smirked slightly and this caused her to hesitate.

"The Pink Devil I presume." I greeted her.

"Yeah. What's it to you?" She asked.

"I believe we share a common interest." I pointed my Deagle to the sky to show I could be trusted.

"And what would that be?" She still aimed at my head.

"Combat prowess." I said.

She lowered her gun and looked at me slightly intrigued.

"I'm listening." She responded, raising a brow.

"You use small weapons unlike the Amazons." I noticed.

"You killed the Amazons?!" She aimed back at my head.

"What makes you think I did it?!" I aimed back at hers.

We both froze there and looked each other in the eyes.

"No. You didn't kill them." She read. "Tell me what happened." She kept her gun drawn.

"Well now, it's difficult to recall with a gun in my face." I told her as I holstered mine.

"Try anything and I'll cut you." She warned with on hand on her knife.

"Trust me," I gripped my beefy combat knifes handle and shined it's blade. "You don't wanna do that." I returned it to its sheath.

"The Amazons. What happened to them?" She asked.

"A tank struck us when we were traversing the residential district. We suffered... heavy casualties." I stuttered when I was reminded of their deaths.

"A tank?! I didn't know players could get a vehicle like that!" She squeaked.

"SHINC took it down with their anti-tank rifle. Unfortunately, other players followed close behind." I explained.

"Of course it had to be them. They were the only ones with the means of destroying it." She was saddened by the loss of her friends.

"They all gave their lives for us... for me..." I realized.

"You lost one too, huh?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Your allies SHINC, They formed an alliance with us before they went. I believe that you and I should work together." I put out my hand for a shake.

She looked at it and hesitated.

"Why should I trust you?" She asked me.

"Your friends did. And I'm one hell of a threat." I admitted with my hand still extended to her.

She squinted her eyes in disbelief, then eventually shook my hand.

"Fine. But don't try anything shady!" She yelled.