Overkill

Cyan, Skilled, Sniper, Sinon

"Hey! Who turned out the lights?" Liz asked.

I saw the number on the elevator decreasing as it was the only light there was. There must have been backups for the elevator or K knew not to meddle with it in order for us to reach him.

"I have an idea but we have to climb the stairs as fast as we can." I told Liz.

"Alright, Lets go." She was ready.

"Okay. Follow my lead." I broke for the stairway not far from the elevator doors.

Liz and I climbed as fast as we could. Eventually we got to a floor and peeked at the elevator. It had stopped on the 7th floor which was now below us. I could only assume that they knew we were climbing the stairs and were in the process of chasing us down.

"This way." I urged Liz.

I called the elevator and it began to come up. The doors open and I aim my pistol. The elevator itself was empty so I stepped in with Liz. I pressed the top button and the doors closed. The elevator began to climb and soon enough we reached the top. The doors opened and we were met with a long hallway.

"He's here. Get ready." I lead pistol first.

Liz pulled out a mini Uzi and readied to use it.

"Where the hell did you get that?" I whispered.

"Nell left it in the glovebox." She smiled.

I nodded my head and watched the sliding double doors ahead. We approached the doors and they slid open, allowing us to aim through and look inside. I saw K chained up in the centre of the room and the masked man at his shut off hologram screens.

"K!" I yelled.

He didn't respond as he was out cold.

"You've finally made it. Now the show may begin." He spoke in a cryptic way.

He stood up and turned around to show his masked face. It was still cracked from when K had beat him to the ground. He pulled out a knife and squeezed the handle. It looked like a futuristic version of the ritual knife that Tanzibal had used against us. When I saw it, a realization hit me.

"Its you again." I knew.

"You know him?!" Liz asked.

"Before you knew me as Tanzibal, but in this game, I am Virus." He continued to speak in his demonic voice.

I aimed my gun at him but he strafed and held his knife to K's neck.

"Drop your weapons or I kill him. Right here, right now." Virus tilted his head.

I hesitated. In that second of hesitation, Virus was electrified from K's body and stumbled back.

"What the hell?" Virus was confused.

"Don't fu- king touch me." K growled thru his glitching voice changer.

I noticed blood and glass on the ground in front of K. I could only assume the things Virus did when the blackout was caused.

"What did you do to my K?" I was furious.

"I taught him a lesson. The same lesson I will teach you." Virus threatened.

"Give it up, Virus! You've been beaten!" Liz yelled.

Liz aimed her Uzi as I aimed my pistol.

"Oh, have I?" The elevator doors could be heard opening down the hall.