The Banished

Cyan, Skilled, Sniper: Sinon

I frantically searched the streets until my gaze fell upon Lizbeth sitting against a wall.

"Liz!" I shouted and rushed to her aid.

I slid to her side and shook her shoulder. Her eyes stayed shut as she sat unmoving.

"Don't worry Lizbeth, we're gonna get you out of here." I stood up and readied to carry her myself.

"Xenon! This is Digital. Toxic is out cold so I'm carrying him back to base. Any chance you could give me a ride?" I heard his voice on comms.

"Way ahead of you." I told him and unlocked my car as I carried Liz to it.

I sat her in the back seat and put her seat belt on just as Digital came over with Toxic.

"In the back." I gestured.

Digital obliged and we got in the front seats.

"Where's K?" Digital asked as I shifted into gear.

"Going toe-to-toe with that behemoth." I informed.

"Is he actually?!" Digital couldn't believe it.

"That was the plan after all." I didn't see it a big deal.

"Yeah but, he's the first to retaliate against such a being." Digital went on.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Back in SAO, the two swordsmen were almost parallel to each other. Both strived to great lengths to be the most unbeatable player in the game. K eventually encountered Zade and in a heated battle, almost lost his life. But in some fit of dumb luck, he lived. In the entirety of Sword Art Online, K was the first to defy Zade, and survive." Digital explained.

"You mean K's fought Zade before??" I was new to this knowledge.

"Yes. This is his long awaited rematch." Digital nodded.

"Only this time it's a gunfight." I added.

"Bot fight more like." Digital corrected as I floored it away from the city.

I navigated thru a series of main roads and streets until I felt we had enough distance.

"You think this is far enough?" I asked Digital as I looked around.

"Seems like it." He confirmed.

In that split second, K and Zade came crashing thru a glass building in front of the car. I flinched and hit the brakes as K was tossed across the street. The screeching of the tires got the attention of Z01D who turned to my car and approached. The black behemoth picked up the front of my car and I screamed. Just as I did, K swooped in and roundhouse kicked the robots head. The force and momentum knocked Z01D out of the way, leaving K in front of my car. He quickly turned to me with his battle face shield on and knelt down in front of its headlights.

"What did I say? I told you to get to safety!" K suddenly lifted up the car.

I hung on in a state of panic and stared at K out the front windshield. K's unbelievable strength with the suit kind of scared me.

"I-I was working on it!" I stammered.

"Well then this time, don't stop!!!" K's palms charged and suddenly propelled us up and away. 

We launched thru the air as Digital and I screamed our hearts out. The sudden change in altitude and speed caused a huge panic that seemed to wake up Liz behind me.