Heir to the Throne

With the crown atop my head, I felt new confidence within myself and craved to see what the future would hold. But all that was in due time. For now, we celebrate. A feast of gratitude was held and all Spriggan citizens got to enjoy it with us. I as their new king, I planned to treat them all with utmost respect.

"King K?" Leafa got my attention.

"Please Suguha, it's just K." I assured her.

"Right well, K? I've brought you a gift." She smiled.

"A gift?" I asked.

"We all thought it would be a good idea to bring you some gifts in celebration." Kirito smiled.

"Wait, we were supposed to bring gifts?" Liz asked empty handed

"For me?" I questioned.

"Of course for you, doofus." Sinon ruffled my hair.

I turned back to Leafa who smiled with blush on her face.

"I hope you like it." Leafa bowed with a smile and handed me a small box.

I gently took it and opened the lid to look inside. What I found was a purple crystal kunai knife that I used awhile back. Instead of it just being normal tho, it had a green ribbon that matched Leafa's outfit on it. I looked to Leafa's eyes as she faintly blushed.

"I thought it would remind you of old times. Back when you saved me as the Crystal Swordsman. I just wanted to show how grateful I am for you." Leafa bowed.

I froze and was at a loss for words. Leafa hesitated and held up her hands innocently.

"I-I mean I'm grateful for your friendship! I just appreciate all the times you've saved me and I can't express it enough!" She defended.

"I love it, Suguha. Thank you." I smiled and took the knife in my hand.

"O-Of course! Anytime." She stuttered.

I held my old crystal kunai knife and smiled at it, remembering many situations where these were very useful.

"This is from both of us." Asuna handed me a fancy little chest and smiled while holding Kirito's arm.

I unclicked the lock and opened up the chest to find something oddly peculiar inside. I took it out and analyzed some kind of abnormally black armour plating in my hand.

"Gauntlets." Kirito smiled.

"They're gorgeous." I analyzed them further.

"The extreme dark colour comes from the materials we used to forge them. I knew you would appreciate it just as much as me." Kirito nodded.

"What did you use?" I asked.

"It is composed of ebony metal, onyx crystal and the scales of a death dragon." Asuna assured me.

"Death dragon you say? These must have been a hassle to obtain." I looked closer.

"Nothing we couldn't handle." Kirito chuckled with Asuna.

"And you said onyx?" I inquired.

"Be it that you like crystals so much, I figured onyx would be a fitting material." Kirito smirked.

"You have my sincerest thanks. Both of you." I nodded and set the chest aside to equip my new gauntlets.

Over my fingerless gloves they passed and shielded my forearms with style. The light of the candles reflected off the onyx of the gauntlets and I admired them. I clenched my fists and enjoyed their fit. When I looked at my hands, I noticed knuckle armour that seemed like metal. This must've been the ebony Kirito spoke of.