Night Raid

Cyan, Skilled, Sniper, Sinon

I was up late at night trying to sleep but to no avail. I was restless and I wanted to talk to K as soon as possible, but all the excitement was keeping me awake. Thankfully, it was the weekend and I was free to dive with my friends whenever I pleased. I put my visor on and booted up the game. Once in, I remembered I was still in the group house.

"Welcome back, Sinon." Leafa greeted.

Her and Lizbeth were sitting watching a hologram screen floating just in front of the main wall.

"Where's everyone else?" I look around and ask.

"Kirito and Asuna are out dungeoning." Lizbeth responded.

"What about K?" I notice she left him out.

"Hmm. I actually haven't heard from K in awhile." Leafa was puzzled.

"That's unlike him." I thought for a moment.

Then it clicked.

"The race!" I realized.

I ran up to the large screen and changed what was on it to any news about the racing event K was apart of. Instantly after switching, an announcer started to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to The Racing Hour event. It is currently 3:30 and the race will start in three minutes on the dot. If you've never watched in game racing before, you are in for a treat! So sit back and relax because its about to get loud! Are the crowds ready??" The announcer yelled.

The crowds cheered and screamed to show their appreciation for something they are more fond with than I am.

"Are our racers ready??" The announcer yelled, pointing to the line of cars at the start line.

The camera changed to show the cars revving their engines. It was relatively quiet until K's car roared and fired like gunshots.

"That's him!" I pointed at the car for Liz and Leafa.

"That's his car?!" Lizbeth was a blacksmith so it wasn't out of character for her to like cars as well.

"There's The Wolf's bark! Ready! Three!!! Two!! One! Go!!!" The announcer waved a flag and the race began at 3:33 on the dot like he said.

K's car took off like a damn fighter jet. He gained a substantial lead on most of the other cars. The only one close at all was the red glowing one that started right next to him. K's car became easy to follow as he turned on his purple under lights. For a short while, it was a straight away. The first part was like a drag race to show who had the superior horsepower. K kept his lead.

"Who's in the GTR?" Liz asked.

"The what?" Leafa asked.

Though I didn't say, I also didn't know what she was talking about.

"The red one closest to K." Liz specified.

"That's a good question." I payed closer attention.

"Let's hope K leaves it in the dust." Liz showed her spirit.

"I'm sure he will." I was confident.

The straight away was over and now the real race had begun. Hard left turn. K didn't slow down. I was tense in my seat as I watched. I wanted K to win. Suddenly, the brake lights on K's car flashed for a millisecond and he swerved hard. It was evident that K slammed his foot on the gas as the tires began to spin, initiating an intense speed drift. K controlled his car and kept to the inside turn in order to keep his lead. He knew exactly what he was doing.