Preceding Provenance

Technopath, Purple, Sharpshooter: K - Player1

Along skyscraper roofs we ran at a full sprint. I had holstered my Deagle under my arm and spotted a taller building in front of our path. I spotted a pipe that ran up the face of it. I increased my speed and leaped with my hands ready. I performed a mid air double jump and grabbed the pipe with a solid grip. I quickly climbed as Hayden caught himself on the pipe too. We pulled ourselves up onto the next building and continued our run, making good distance to the centre of the circle.

"So, K. Whenever we get to where we're going, we should dig in and find a good place to post up. There's gonna be a lot of snipers all over these rooftops." Digital suggested as we jump from one building to another.

"Agreed. No doubt the streets below will also be packed ful-"

"Contacts! To the right on the roof!" Digital alerted me.

When we both looked however, they were just talking to each other not physically doing anything.

"They're just standing in a group." I shrugged.

Were they going over a plan?

"Maybe we should team up with them." Hayden suggested.

"Are you joking?" I asked genuinely.

"Hey, maybe they'll let us join them." Hayden shrugged.

"Fine, but just so we're clear this is your idea." I remained at the ready.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra fire power." Hayden smiled and whistled at them.

He waved both open hands in the air at them and I just simply raised mine too. The team looked puzzled for a moment as they turned to us but it quickly turned sour as they aimed their weapons to fire.

"Or... not." Hayden smiled nervously.

I sighed and began sprinting away as I pushed him along. Bullets whizzed by as the two of us sprinted away.

"Real smooth, Hayden! Maybe we can ask them on a date and take them out for a nice dinner too!" I yelled as we ran.

"I was giving the benefit of the doubt! No one here wants to die!" Hayden replied.

"No shit! So they'll kill any player that crosses their path! Trust no one! This is Battle Royale!" We jumped a huge gap to a shorter building and rolled as we landed.

"I'll take your word for it!" Hayden and I continued to sprint away as bullets flew past all around us.

"Let's get off these rooftops!" I commanded.

"Agree- Agh!" Hayden spoke but a bullet grazed his arm and he stumbled.

I helped him and pushed him forward to force him to keep going.

"Don't stop!" I yelled and turned back to the pursuing squad.

I drew my Deagle and fired three quick bullets. One managed to land and knock one player to the ground as they took the round to their chest. The team hesitantly found cover and continued to open fire on me but I holstered my pistol and was on the run again. I chased after Hayden and we kept moving far until we were no longer being followed.

"I think we lost them." Hayden assumed.

"Let's just get to ground level. It'll be a lot harder for targets to hit us if we can use buildings for cover." I suggested.

"How do you suppose we do that safely?" Hayden asked.

I shook my head as we ran and simply sprinted at full speed off the edge of a skyscraper.