Stay With Me

The one and only Aaron hotchner, is the love of my life, and I cant stop this feeling.

Today Aaron gets out of hospital, and your picking him up. You enter the hospital parking lot and pull up to the doors, and there sits Aaron with a slim, brunette nurse. You eye the woman closely before exiting the car. Her brown hair is pulled back into a braid, her pink scrubs have a blood stain on the pants, and her shoes aren't rubber sole? Doctors and nurses are permitted to wear rubber souled shoes. But you forget about the matter when Aaron gets your attention.

"(Y/n)! Anybody in there!" He says waving his hand in your face

"Yea, yea I'm fine, let's get goin" you say

You grab Aaron's wheelchair and push him towards the car. Loading him in, you tilt his seat back to make him more comfortable, and get his seat belt buckled in. Hopping into the drivers seat, but you notice the nurse Is still there. Shes watching you. Brushing it off, you put on your seatbelt and drive away and out of the parking lot.

"So, how are you feeling?" You ask trying to break the silence

"Honestly, I've felt better" he sighs

Keeping your eyes on the road, you reach for his hand. Soon enough you feel your smooth, warm hand connect with his dry, ruff hand. You give a small squeeze, showing support, that your there for him. And he squeezes back. The rest of the drive is silent. Not the uncomfortable silence, but its comforting, taking in eachother. You take comfort in Aaron's presence. It takes you back to high school.

About 30 min later you reach your house. You and Aaron arranged that he will stay with you for a while. And jack can also come and visit. You exit the car, and slowly lift Aaron up, helping him walk to the door. Unlocking it, you walk in and set him down of the sofa. His eyes wander your living room. Brown sofa with fuzzy grey pillows on it. The grey carpet is easy on your feet, fuzzy, but not like the pillows. The TV is set up in front of him. His eyes travel to the left side of the house, the kitchen is tucked behind a wall that shows a set of stairs, leading upwards. Beside the kitchens is a wooden dining room table, with 6 chairs around it, And a back door behind the surface. Theres a pool, and a fairly sized yard.

Aaron seems quite comfortable with your place. The more he knows his surroundings the more he settles down, and relaxes into the sofa. The one thing you will admit your missing is pictures. There are none. No family, friends. Not even a picture of yourself.

"Like what you see?" You ask laughing

"Its cozy" he smiles

"Ok, well let's see what you think about my room" you say, picking Aaron up by the arm

"Your room?" He asks

"Yea, the beds more comfortable in there, the guest room feels like a pile of rocks" you laugh

"Oh, it's ok, I can handle it" he stutters

"No, no, no. Take my bed" you say

You lead him into your room. The walls are a light white, the bed nicely made with an assortment of fuzzy pillows and blankets. Aaron's eyes travel to your makeup stand, and the first thing he saw was a picture of the both of you, actually, a few of them.

*flashback*

"Aaron! Get over here!"

You pull Aaron over to the white snowflake background. You were wearing a beautiful red, knee length dress. And he was wearing a blue, well fit suit. It was your winter dance and hailey couldn't make it, so she told Aaron to come with you. You of course didnt argue with him, but welcomed the idea.

Aaron comes over to the display smiling. His hair was neatly combed into the same style, and his shoes were freshly cleaned. He was wondering why you brought him to the stand, so you told him.

"Were taking a picture!" You say

"No, (y/n), this I did not agree To"

"Oh well! Get your butt over here hotchner" you state

You and him both pose in front of the camera, waiting for the picture guy to be ready.

"Ok guys, say snowflake!" He cheered.

"SNOWFLAKE!!"

*end of flashback*

The picture surprised him. You saw it in his eyes. His cheeks went an off shade of red, and he started to smile.
Everything was ok back then. No tension, no fights, no disagreements, and definitely no disappointments. Nothing but 2 best friends, facing the world together.

"Ok, let's get you into bed mister. You need to rest" you say pulling him toward the bed

"Ok, ditch the shirt." You say

"Its ok, I can wear it" Aaron argues

"Oh come on, its dirty. And dont act like I haven't seen you without a shirt before." You say helping him out of the soft material.

He climbs into the bed, and you pull the blankets over him, and give him one of your stuffed animals. It's a blue elephant. Aaron gave it to you the night of that same dance. You always sleep with it, and before you and Aaron parted ways you put his cologne on it. Therefore when you and Aaron left, you never washed it. The slight smell of your male friend still lingers, and you dont want it to leave.

"Is this mr.trunks?" He asks you

We named it Mr.trunks because, well it's an elephant so it has a trunk, and also because Aaron had originally lost it in the back of his trunk before he gave it to you. You remember he spent 28 min looking for it, and he wouldn't give up. The memory makes you laugh.

"Yea, it is" you sigh

"You never really gave up did you?" He asks.

"Nope, I cant sleep without that elephant. It always has to be with me when I sleep or I wont sleep at all."

Aaron takes a minute to hug the animal. He runs his hand over its head, feeling every texture the material offers. Putting it beside his face getting comfortable, he smells it.

"It still smells like me, (Y/n). And it's in perfect condition."

"Well, I take care of very important things to me" you sigh

"Ok, well I'll let you get your rest" you say turning around to leave.

"Stay with me?" He asks

You look at him for a second, and think.

"Always"