Flatline

You cry
"It should have been me"

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG

You close your eyes waiting for the impact of the bullet to kick in, but nothing happens to you. Looking down you realize you dont have your vest on, but there's no blood. You look up still in shock and see John bleeding out on the floor. Emily's laying next to Aaron and yelling at you to call for an ambulance as Aaron's eyes start to close

"Stay with me hotch! You hear me!! Stay with me!" You hear emily scream.

*At the hospital*

You get out of the SUV and rush in the emergency room doors to be greeted by emily. You start to feel slightly faint as you run to the nurses desk. You reach the counter and ask for information on Aaron hotchner and they tell you that hes in surgery.

"Hes gonna be fine (y/n), hes been through worse" emily says while rubbing your arm.

Your not quite sure how to react. You wanted to scream and yell for them to update you, but when you tried to speak nothing came out. So you wobble over to a chair and sit down. You feel your eyes burning. The tears are falling down the frame of your face and dripping off the bottom of your chin onto your shirt. Just then the rest of the team comes running in.
They dont know your history with Aaron, and for what it's worth you like it that way. You all share your hugs and worries, then sit down and get ready for the long night that's about to take place.

*Aaron's POV*

*start of flashback*

"Come on hotch! Give it back!" (Y/n) screams.

(Y/n) is running after me on the soccer field after I just stole her phone. Shes quite determined to get it back so i could have her running for a while

"Comon (y/n), in order to join the FBI you have to be able to run, and not be a compleate grandpa" I scream back at her laughing.

She finally catches up to me and tackles me onto the ground.

"Now who's the grandpa, chump" she laughs

"Nice tackle, but next time, try to avoid a concussion." The back of my head has a heartbeat, I must have hit it off the ground when I landed.

"HEY HOTCHNER" someone screams.

Its hailey, she has my book bag and her jacket. She must be waiting for me. She waves at me and signals for me to go to her.

"Well, although this was VERY fun, I have to go. I told hailey I would take her out tonight"

"Ooohhh, love birds" (y/n) sighs "where ya goin" she asks

"Drive in, figured it's the best way to a girls heart" I say batting my eyelashes

"Yea, maybe the best way into her pants" (y/n) snorts

"Oh, shut up, I have to go. Call ya after!" I say running away

*end of flashback*

My eyes start to flutter open, a bright light blinds me. Then I see her. (Y/n). Shes standing above me combing through my hair with tears in her eyes. She sees I'm awake and calls for the doctor.

"(Y/n) are yo-"

"Its ok Aaron, dont talk you need to rest"

I tried to tell her I was sorry, but then everything went black

*Your POV*

Aaron got out of surgery and you were the only one in the waiting room. You told the rest of the team to go to the hotel and get some rest. The nurse came and told you that you can go sit in his room. You sat beside his bed and held his hand for a while, but you got antsy so you stood up and started to stroke his hair. Then, he woke up.

His eyes started to flutter open, and he tried to talk, but you tell him to rest. But, he kept trying to talk. Before you know it the monitors start beeping, catching your attention. More specifically, the heart monitor.

*beeeeeeepppppp*