It Should Have Been Me (part 2)

"It should have been you"

And before you knew it, Aaron was gone.

You wake up to emily calling your name and shaking you. It was a dream? You feel beads of sweat dripping down your head. You feel something dripping down your hand, you look and its blood. You must have hit your hand off the table.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Your ok! It's ok." She said trying to calm you down. "It was just a bad dream"

A bad dream? Your eyes scan the jet looking for Aaron. You finally see him behind Emily, you then feel him grab your hand and look you in the eyes. He wasn't tied up anywhere, or beaten, or screaming for you.

"What was that about" asks morgan, peeking out from behind Aaron.

"Just, a bad dream guys. Forget about it" you say shaking your head.

"Ok, well were landing in 5 min" says Aaron.

The jet lands, you get a bandage for your hand out of the first aid kit and everybody piles off. You, Aaron and emily all head to one SUV while the rest go to the other. Aaron is in the drivers seat, you're the passenger and Emily in the back. The drive was silent. You were unsure what to say at this point. Wondering if there was anything that could be said between you and Aaron to fix things, but you doubt it. Just as Aaron pulls into the parking lot of the police station and  the phone rings.

"What is it garcia?" Aaron says putting her on speaker.

"We have a possible suspect sir, that Is only because the police station was just attacked again."

"No it wasn-"

You stop your sentance looking around. Bullet holes are everywhere, glass shattered, and more dead bodys.
You, Emily and Aaron jump out of the SUV and run inside still with garcia on speaker. You run In the doors to see at leased 3 more dead bodys. Other then that the station was abandoned.

"After the shooter ran out, all the offices in headquarters Identified him, but they went to the wrong place. Meet your shooter, Mr John Sutton. The officers went to his house, but hes not there. Hes at the abandoned wearhouse on Ashford Lane."

"How do you know this garcia?" You ask.

"Our unsub is not as smart as we thought, he left his phone on and that's where its pinging"

"Thanks garcia" Aaron said hanging up.

"Alright guys, let's go"

You got back into the SUV and raced to the wearhouse. pulling up to the old structure, you put on your vests and thought out our plan, but in the middle of grabbing out guns we heard a scream. Aaron started running towards the building with no vest and no gun, out of instinct you starting running behind him.

"You take the front I'll take the back" he told you.

You follow orders. Opening the door slowly with your flashlight held high, you start walking down a dark and empty hallway. You hear something drop, it sounds like metal. It scares you a bit but you push through. Continuing down the hallway, someone is trying to speak. But it stops after you hear 3 gunshots go off. Running towards the noise, you reach a room. The door is closed slightly, so you push it open. You see Aaron, laying on the floor, covered in blood.

"John Sutton, drop the weapon, your under arrest!" You yell towards him.

Your eyes trace the room. The scream came from a movie playing on a laptop in the corner of the room.

"Son of a bitch" you mumble.Your eyes go back to Aaron, seeing he is still conscious.

"Do you know why I choose men like, him?" He asks, pointing his gun at Aaron's head.

"No John, I dont. How about you put the gun down and you can tell me" you say, basically pleading for him to let Aaron go.

"Well, heres the thing. YOU were supossed to come through the back door. I went through Aaron to get to you. Ask Aaron here, I left him a note to give to you. It after all was left on his desk. Aaron here, was supposed to send you to the back door. But he decided to SAVE YOU!"

Wait, John Sutton, where have I heard that name before. High school. He was in your grade 10 and 11 classes. He talked about going to the academy a fair bit, but as far as you heard he never made the cut.

"This whole situation was supposed to  be ABOUT YOU! but your little BOYFRIEND HERE got in MY WAY! All that time I could of had a job! But YOU STOLE MY PLACE! After everything I went through!! My accident, the torture!! And YOU STOLE THE ONE THING I COULD OF HAD! Well not now, now i have something you want. So, what are you gonna do agent?! What are you gonna do for the one and only agent hotchner?"

You dont anwser. You feel tears start to fill your eyes. You have your gun trained in between his eyes, and your finger on the trigger.

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!" he shouts.

He points his gun at you

"So this time, you can say the same." He sighs

"SAY IT!!! SAY IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!

This time the tears are set free. His gun is still trained on you. Your the reason Aaron's in this mess right now. It is all your fault!

You cry
"It should have been me"

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*