16. overcompensated apprentice

"So lately I've been in love with The Greatest Showman and the soundtrack and story with it has just been so in tune with what I've been planning so please just bare with me." Author nim smiled nervously. Another Author nim then pushes them out of the frame and smiles widely.

"Hi it's me, Author nim from the future." They wave.

"This chapter is absolute cringe so just skip this chapter. You won't miss much I promise. JYP takes Jonghyun under his wing and Tae-O agrees to be in the duo with Y/N. There just go to the next chapter. But if for some reason you still want to read it, go ahead." They smile before walking away.

"Y/N?" Jonghyun stopped Y/N and the girls of Red Velvet as they were talking.

"Oh yeah, I need to go back now girls, see all of you soon!" Y/N said as the girls wave back to her before Jonghyun drove Y/N to the hospital.

The moment they got there, Jonghyun walks with Y/N to the door before waiting outside the room. Currently, the two boys were still in the coma.

"What's their condition?" Y/N asks.

"The both of them should wake up in a few days." The doctor said and so she nods before looking at the two. Walking out of the door already, Jonghyun looks up from his watch.

"We should go seonsaengnim..." Y/N said looking at Jonghyun.

"Why?" Jonghyun asks.

"JYP texted me and he said it's something important for Tae-O and I both." She said and so Jonghyun nods so they made their way back to the JYP building.

"You want us to debut together?" Tae-O asks and JYP nods.

"B-but, I promised my family I would debut solo or as the centre of a boy group." Tae-O said and Jonghyun and Y/N both look at him in disbelief.

"You told me on a live you'd debut with me." Y/N said.

"Still.." Tae-O sighed sadly.

"I thought you were done with the rich boy act." Y/N then stood up.

"I'd love to debut pd-nim, I just think he'll want you to give me a new partner." Y/N growled and so Tae- O followed her out.

"I still need to talk with you Jonghyun, let's go have a drink." JYP said and he nods before following him out.

"Please bare the musical number in this book because this will be the first and last time you'll see a musical number in this series." Author nim said before leaving.

"Look, I'll get straight to the point, I want you to be my apprentice." JYP said taking a shot as so did Jonghyun.

"Hah, you are a very good friend of mine, Jinyoung but, you know I am an artist and current member of Shinee." Jonghyun laughed.

"You won't be leaving SM, I'll show you the ropes of a businessman and give you a good amount of stocks in JYP, you already are mentoring Y/N." JYP said.

"So what? So what if you're an inheritor of an amount of money I can't ever make even as a millionaire." Y/N said and make a sharp breath in realizing what she said.

"Okay, let me rephrase that, so what if your family pressures you? You're already an adult! You can make your own choices!" Y/N said.

"It's just not that simple, how would you know the feeling of what I'm going through." Tae-O shook his head.

"Right here, right now, I put the offer, I don't wanna chase you down, I know you see it." The two, JYP and Y/N sang as they look at Jonghyun and Tae-O.

"You run with me, and I can cut you free. Out of the drudgery and the walls you keep in." They sang.

JYP gets the bartender to slide the bottle of soju as he catches it and pours another shot for Jonghyun.

"So trade your typical, for somethin' colourful, and if it's crazy live a little crazy." JYP shrugs as Y/N stood up and smiled softly.

"You can play it sensible, king of conventional, or you can risk it all and see~" the two of them sang before JYP spun around Jonghyun and Y/N pulled Tae-O up from the floor.

"Don't you wanna get away, from the same old part you gotta play, cause I got what you need so come with me and take the ride~" the two of them sang as Y/N stepped back and spun around with a smile and grabbed Tae-O's letterman jacket and wore it as Tae-O tried to reach for it.

"It'll take you to the other side." JYP stood on one of the tables while Y/N slid behind Tae-O and puts her cap on him and put him to the mirror.

"Cause you can do like you do, or you can do like me, stay in the cage or you finally take the key, oh damn! Suddenly you're free to fly, it'll take you to the other side." JYP and Y/N sang as JYP jumped down from the table and walked to Jonghyun.

"Okay, my friend, you wanna cut me in, well, I hate to tell you but it just won't happen." Tae-O and Jonghyun started as Jonghyun looked at JYP and Tae-O then took the jacket from Y/N and puts it on himself.

"So, thanks, but no, I'm think I'm good to know, cause I quite enjoy the life you say I'm trapped in. Now I admire you, and that whole show you do, you're onto something, really it's something. But I live among the swells and we don't pick up peanut shells, I'll have to leave that up to you." Tae-O and Jonghyun smiled as they sang the words and so it was their turn. Putting on their respectable coats, JYP and Y/N both roll their eyes.

But then JYP and Y/N run to the piano as they play a few notes.

"Now is this really how you'd like to spend your days, whiskey, misery and parties and plays." JYP and Y/N sang before closing the piano.

"If I were mixed up with you I'd be the talk of the town, disgraced and disowned, another one of the clowns." Tae-O and Jonghyun chuckled before walking away from the piano.

"But you would finally live a little, finally laugh a little, just let me give you the freedom to dream, and it'll wake you up, and cure your aching, take your walls and start 'em breaking. Now that's a deal that seems worth taking. But I guess I'll leave that up to you." JYP and Y/N sang as both Jonghyun and Tae-O had their hand on the door.

And so the pairs each argued, Tae-O on how much lines or screen time would he get, and Jonghyun on how much stocks he would get.

"Sir it looks like you have yourself a junior partner." Jonghyun smiled as the two clink their shot glasses.

"I'd like to call it more as an overcompensated apprentice." JYP said before they downed their shots.

"It looks like we have a new duo group." Tae-O smiled.

"I'd like to call it more, I have a partner who's more than glad to make music with me." Y/N smiled as the two hug.

The pairs finally agreed and finally sang the rest of the song.

The business pair was in JYP's office singing to the rest while Y/N and Tae-O were now practicing together along with their trainer.

"We're going to the other side.." JYP and Y/N's voice gets quiet.

JYP looks at the small picture frame he had on his desk, an old picture he had of him and Y/N when she was 8 years old, a literal picture that was out of its time.

Y/N's eyes lock with Nayeon who was walking past through the room but decided to take a look.

IMPORTANT

PLEASE MAKE NAME SUGGESTIONS FOR THE CO-ED GROUP BECAUSE I'M ACTUALLY A VERY SLOW MINDED PERSON THAT LITERALLY GLITCHES AND LAGS EVERY SECOND WHEN I TRY TO MAKE UP A NAME