Truth comes out

Mao Mao was currently training in the dojo of HQ. He had finally recovered from his injuries which meant he need to be fully prepared to take on Night again. He keep his strikes at a safe yet defensive distance, he need to get his skills back to the way they were. He was the sheriff of Pure Heart Valley and he was responsible for all the citizens of Pure Heart Valley safety, and with that honor he will protect them with his life. A hero always keeps his word, even if it is his dying word.

As he strengthen his skills to what they were before, he couldn't help but recall that evening in his mind. The way that Night used the cobbler to bait him out, and how she knew that it would distract him. There was no way that Night could have learned his weakness for cobbler and learn so much about him. Even if she was watching him for a long time, he always kept his secrets to himself as a good safety measure. Not even the royal records had that much data on him, the only people who know that much about him are his friends. Well one more than the other.

While he thought about this, he glanced at Badgerclops new friend, Cyber who was visiting. Mao Mao was happy that Badgerclops was making a new friend though he had a weird feeling whenever he looked at Cyber, like something wasn't quite right. It was not for his cybernetics, he never really judge those who needed cybernetics limbs. They didn't define who that person was, so why should their looks matter? This feeling came whenever he saw Cyber face. Cyber face held a mix of happiness whenever he was around Badgerclops, though when Badgerclops stepped out for a bit Cyber faces was cover in sadness and full of guilt. What was he hiding?

Cyber was currently discussing with Badgerclops on some different forms of inventing methods that could improve how their weapons and gadgets would turn out. They were laughing and enjoying each other's company, they seem to have been friends for a very long time instead of just meeting just a few weeks ago. As they talked, guilt grew inside his heart like a seed blooming into a rose but without flower only a steam of thorns.He wanted to tell Badgerclops everything, and cut away his poison wall of thorns with away with a steel blade. Yet the thought of Night using that potion to change Badgerclops mind on Cyber forever caused him to hestitate. Though either option had the same outcome.

Cyber was debating this for the last few days since Night gave him this ultimatum. He first obeyed her orders and started small fights between Mao Mao and Badgerclops, though he couldn't get them  to stay mad at each other for long. He was struggling to complete his mission, never able to cut and shred the bond the two share. If only he could have a bond as strong as these two share. He couldn't do this, even if it means he would lose the only friend he ever had in his entire life. At least he has the memories of the days they spend together, even if it was short.

He took a deep breaths before telling the two heroes of what Night had done, and what she was planning on doing to complete her goals. His eyes were spilling tears as he spoke, he didn't care look at Badgerclops face. Not wanting to see the heartbreaking shock on his face that this betrayal surely bought him from hearing these bitter words of truth.

Mao Mao was shocked that he didn't realize much sooner. He had failed the king he served, to leave him to suffer at the hands of the legendary villianess wrath. He had to rescue his ruler and put a stop to Night once and for all, even if it costs him his life to do so. He would gladly lay his life in the line to save the home he grew to love so much, the one where he found Adorabat. He will forever protect his darling little deputy. Adorabat will be protected!

Cyber left before he could see Badgerclops reaction, he felt like he didn't deserve to see his face. He had lost a great friend, the only one whoever truly understood him for him. At least the truth is now know to the heroes, so they may save their home. Though he knew that he could never be forgiven for crime that he committed. The crime of lying to someone who never deserve nothing but the truth.

If only Cyber knew that Badgerclops was not angry at him, nor was he upset. All he was at that moment was a bit sorry that he let Cyber suffer with that pain for so long. He wanted to chase him but what was the point... They weren't friends now, not anymore.