Sad Question

Mao Mao and Adorabat move through the castle swiftly and quietly. From what they learned from Cyber, the guards now served Night and would protect her no matter what. Even though in reality, they  weren't really all that good at guarding in the first place. Never the less, they move through the shadows to get to the queen's chambers. Mao Mao still couldn't believe a villian overthrew the king and he did nothing, he would be for forgiveness later. All that mattered now was to defeat Night. He needed to return the favor for his fight run in with her after all.

"Mao Mao?" Adorabat was on his head, the fast flying throughout the castle had exhausted her energy quickly, so she was resting on the feline head

"Yes my little deputy?" He asked , keeping his voice soft

"Night is strong right? She hurt you badly and she made Cyber try to ruin your friendship with Badgerclops. She seems like a real big meanie. Mao Mao, so heroes...." She struggle to get the full sentence out.

Mao could feel her shivering on his head, this was scaring her. There was very few times he was hurt badly from a fight, whenever he was, the small bat would get like this. Seeing his little deputy like this was worst than any injury he could ever received from any monster or villian. Seeing him hurt was like her heart shattering, it always reminded herself that she was only five and how precious Mao Mao was to her. He was her hero, someone she looks up too, who care for her like a father would. So losing him was terrifying to her.

Just as he was about to reassure her that they would be fine and put a stop to Night. He went pale to what came out out of the little bat mouth. One he had hoped would never be asked till she was much older and more mature to understand it herself.

"Do heroes kill villians? I never seen you do it but do they? From what Cyber told us, Night did it to do many people. She is a villian and they do bad things. So heroes are in charge of stopping them, right? Does that mean that heroes have to kill villians? Have you or Badgerclops had to kill and guys before?" She was tearing up, he could feel her cold tears that ran through his fur.

He swallow this question down. How should he respond to this question? Badgerclops was a thief before he and Mao Mao met, so he was not sure if Badgerclops ever had to kill someone. As for himself, he rather not speak of those times. He had killed to protect someone innocent or for self defense. Though no matter the reason, a kill is a kill. He had killed monsters as well and it was for the sake of protecting the valley. So to answer this question was hard, the fact that Adorabat was only five made it harder to think of a good answer.

"Listen Adorabat, sometimes a hero must do something even if it means it costs a life. Some are devastated when they must take a life, others knew that it needed and go on with their hero duties. As for me, I only kill if it is absolutely necessary. Though I always regret when I have to do it because there might have been a way to help them and avoid such an outcome. I rarely kill anyone, Adorabat. Though I won't lie to you and say I never killed before. Killing is never the answer. Only a final resort. The choice to do that is what makes one a hero and differs them from a villian. Choices are what makes one who they are in the future" He looked up to the little bat, and parted her head softly

"Are you gonna have to kill Night?" She asked, nuzzling against the warm hand for some comfort.

Mao Mao sighed again. He knew that Night would not just go quietly. He would have to fight her. Killing was not in his mind though, it was a possible outcome for the fight. He was originally just going to imprison her forever in the dungeon.

Then after he defeated her. His sisters would know about his Legendary accomplishment and finally his sisters would accept him and be proud of him.

He then remember Adorabat question.  He didn't want her to see him doing a gruesome act at her current age. He sighed before answering the question.

"No. We are just going to take her down and lock her away in the dungeons" He reassured her.

Adorabat looked relieved and smiled.

The cat hero returned the smile and continued to look for the villianess wolf.