Genius Meets Aftermath

Farkle (con)

I wake up with a pounding headache.

My face feels stiff and wet, I had been crying.

I had been panicking.

Everything starts coming back to me.

I saw Riley kiss Charlie.

I had a panic attack.

I called Maya and she came to help me...with Josh.

They carried me home.

Now I'm here.

My phone starts buzzing.

It's Maya.

"Hello?"

"Farkle -- thank god -- are you okay? Can I come to talk?"

"Yeah."

Maya shows up a few minutes later and comes to sit on my bed.

"Do you want to talk about last night?" She asks, cautiously.

"No."

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"What happened with you last night?"

She sighs and looks down at me, "I was right. I don't like Lucas."

"You like Josh?"

"I really do," She gives a sad smile, "Remember when we went to the ski lodge three years ago?"

"I do." I was happily with Smackle then. But I felt something for Riley, I knew I did.

I just didn't want to admit it.

"Josh and I talked about playing the long game. We liked each other. We knew we were both out there. Eventually the age thing wouldn't be such a problem."

"And now?" I sit up and she finally looks at me.

"I'm turning 18 next month. He's 20. The long game is getting shorter. He said it himself." She starts smiling.

"He also said that he meant every word of that text. He was nervous to admit it," Maya finally looks truly happy, "He said that we should talk again after I graduate."

"Maya," I smile for the first time in a while, "that's amazing. What now?"

"I don't know what to do about Lucas. I can't be with him on New Years. Not after all of this," She shakes her head, "but it's not that easy. It never is."

"So what will you do?"

"I'll figure it out. It has to happen, and very soon. I'm just scared about tearing our group apart. I can't imagine us without him."

I sigh, "It's going to suck. But he'll come around, I promise. He's Lucas the Good."

She lets out a laugh before looking serious again, "Now can we talk about you?"

"I don't want to."

"But you should." She says more firmly.

I look down, "I know."

"So?"

I breathe deeply, "It's a long story, so I'm going to do my best."

"Deal," She nods.

"Riley and I almost kissed. I don't know how we got to that point, but she asked me why I ran away after the beaker. I told her I had felt something new. And it just happened...well it almost did but Josh came in and we pulled away."