You're my light in the dark

The doors of the Indianopolis hospital opened tremendously, as a bunch of people made their dreadful appearance into its enterior.

The group, consisted of six people, was utterly upset, as they had suffered a stenuous excursion from their hometown to the hospital's location. An excursion fillied with pain, shrieks and, to top it all, perpetual anxiety. 

The lights were flickering like crazy, and, if one was ignorant of the pregnant woman's powers, he would have definitely supposed that the world was collapsing.

Well, maybe the world was not collapsing at the time, but Mike's and Eleven's ones were being devastated, slowly and harrowingly.

The girl was immediately offered a wheelchair as a means of transportation, and once up and carried by a male nurse, she grasped her boyfriend's hand and together they made their way along the elongated corridor, their parents following pettily behind.

Her shrieks were loud and bold, indicating the pain she was feeling inside her body, indicating her strong desire of ending it all.

She was screaming so deafeningly, that the majority of the room doors were opened in order to catch a bare glimpse of the newcomer, who was indisputably in torment.

Mike's hand was hurting, as El was constricting it as if she were a venomous snake, but he was indifferent to it, cause his heart was hurting more, due to the sight of her anguished being.

"El!" Dr. Owens stormed out from the upper floor, a look of concern into his eyelids.

"Dr. Owens...I...it hurts" she managed to say between her shrieks, as sweat was rolling down her cheekbones.

"I know dear" he retorted "But I need patience and dauntlessness from your part, okay? You are going to be fine, he is going to be fine" the doctor alleged, as El pressured Mike's hand even more than previously.

"He is going to be fine" Mike repeated the doctor's phrase in order to comfort his girlfriend, and, most majorly, himself.

"Follow me" the doctor maintained "room 353"

And as the wheelchair persevered rolling along the hallway and towards the room in which Mike and Eleven's son was to be born, the lights were blinking, anticipating the impending moment to light up consistently again.

---

The room was gloomy.

It somehow reminded Eleven of her precedents in the lab, in that virulent and hostile environment on which she had been futily attemtping to draw a blank.

But, this time, she was not being experimented on.

This time it was not Brenner who was pressuring her into fabricating his desires.

This time, El was in the inner of a bleak room, because of her own, dimwitted actions.

Mike, Dr. Owens, a female nurse and her being were the only ones allowed in the compartment, the exclusive wittnesses of the event.

Dr. Owens, with the aid of the nurse, schematized his surgery tools, as Mike succoured El, who was still screaming, with less intensity though, to lay on the hospital bed.

"Okay, El, as I can see, you are in the first stage of labour"

"What... does that...mean?" the mother of the forthcoming child wondered.

"In the first stage of labour, your cervix has to open, so your baby can be born. The muscles of your womb tighten with each contraction and then release, gradually drawing your cervix up into the lower section of your womb. As time elapses, your pain will gradually intensify and you will feel the urge to push, at which point we will get into the second stage" the expert explained.