Epilogue

~~~~~~

2 months later

After the birth of Apollo, El and Mike's son, everything had been practically the same. Everyone was delighted to meet their small miracle, Max made a point to Lucas about how she wanted one too as soon as possible as well. Dustin and Daisy  literally fell in love with him the moment they met him and as for Will and Charlie, well let's just say they're officially Apollo's godfathers. Of course Will cried when Mike and Eleven announced the news to them.

As said before everything had been almost the same. Almost. Because as to the unpleasant stares they got while at the super market or out with the others while they walked around with Apollo in his stroller. When the news about the joyful news of Eleven giving birth to a beautiful baby boy got out, the majority was mostly supportive and kind, but some people didn't really appreciate it as much. This was a thing they had to deal with gradually, but after the couple months that went by it's somewhat bearable anymore.

All that and also all the sleepless nights, waking up by yells and cries by no other than their little boy. Even for a 2-month-old Apollo had quite the lungs and could bring to their feet the whole neighborhood. Firstly, they had settled down in the Wheeler's residence but due to the midnight parent calls Mike and El had that kept as well everyone in the house awake with them, they decided it'd be better to move in with the Hoppers for some time until they could decide what they'd do.

As for now it was finally time for them to get some rest after managing to put Apollo to sleep. For as many hours a one more sleepless night could have. So it was currently 2am, El and Mike could finally take a breath and start getting in bed as well. El had started a self care routine before she went to sleep every night since the baby was born. You know, all the usual skin and dental care. She was quite persistent about the skin care as she kept rumbling on how her body was damaged after her pregnancy, the stretch marks on her belly and chest making her even more unappealing.

Mike on the other hand, strongly disagreed with her opinion as he found her even more beautiful than before and he had made a point to kiss every single one of her insecurities while they had made love for the first time after all those months. He still kissed them as much as he could each time he would even get the smallest idea that El felt even the slightest bit down.

He loved her more than a person could ever love another and he needed her to know that.

"Why do you keep covering your boobs with this stupid robe? I've told you I like looking at them, it makes you so fucking hot." Mike asked while laying on the bed after putting on his pjs, that by the way concised of only his sweatpants and nothing else. Quite the sight if you asked El.

"Oh? So I'm not hot anyway?" El smirked sitting down on the bed as well, not before taking off the infamous robe, leaving her with her small nightgown.

"Oh no, you're totally right. I only want you for your post-pregnancy body," He rolled his eyes playfully while pulling her closer to him. "Of course you're the hottest woman to ever walk on this planet El and I'm so lucky to have you in both of your forms." He snorted when El hit him in the arm.

"Asshole." She said smiling.

She scout even closer to him, if that was possible, clinging on him like a koala and rubbing her face on his chest. He was and always will be her safe place.

"You're so cute. I love you so much." He kissed her temple, resting his head on hers.

"Mmm I love you too Mikey." She practically mewled as she was already falling asleep.

Mike didn't know why but as much as he was tired he always stayed awake after El fell asleep, mostly making sure the baby wouldn't start crying again from his crib in the other room, but also enjoying the feeling of El's breathing getting gradually more and more laborate signalling she was pulled into a peaceful slumber.