Chapter 38

When Hope returned to Josie's room she noticed that the girl was up and had moved to her bed. She knocked lightly at the door hoping to get her attention.  "Hope? Why aren't you with Lizzie?" She asked, "Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened but something almost did," she states, "Can I please sleep in here tonight?"

"Yeah, of course I mean you're my best friend."

"Yeah..."

"So... what happened in there?" Josie asked, "Or almost happened in there?"

"It was nothing really, but I shouldn't sleep with her tonight... I want to, but I shouldn't, I'll probably do something and I'm not sure if I'm ready to take that step in our relationship yet..." Hope stated truthfully, "I have these thoughts whenever something happens with her, like really dirty thoughts."

"Oh, I see, so you want to do it with her," Josie said.

"My body does, it definitely does, but my mind isn't prepared for that."

"I think you try and wait until your mind and body agree."

"What if we're not on the same page? What if she doesn't want what I want?" Hope asks.

"Trust me, Hope, she does. I have to hear about how insanely hot you are all the time from my sister." Hope blushes at what she says, "It sort of makes me uncomfortable to hear my sister talk about my best friend like that but if you guys are happy."

"I never really thought about how weird this might be for you. I mean your best Friend is dating your sister."

"If I'm being honest it's actually really cool," she states, "Cause if you guys get married then you'll be my sister too."

"Yeah I guess that would be really cool."

(The next morning)

It was around 5:00 in the morning which is about the time Hope usually gets up. She gets a head start on some of her homework and goes to the bathroom.

She walks in and sees Lizzie in the shower. "Sorry!" She exclaims as she shuts the door. Her heartbeat picks up and her face flushes red. "Oh my god.." she mutters under her breath. "What am I doing?"

She rushes back to Josie's room and sees the brunette up and dressed in her clothes for the day. "Good morning Hope," she smiles but the smile fades when she notices something going on with her beast friend, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, no, well yeah," she stammers, "I walked in on Lizzie in the shower."

"Oh," Josie looked surprised.

"Yeah, so can we like get something to eat cause I need a distraction."

"Yeah of course," Josie says.

They head downstairs and to Hopes dismay, Lizzie is also there. "Hey.." Lizzie smiles shyly.

"Hey..." Hope looks down trying not to think about what she saw.

"Good morning," they both said at the same time not noticing Josie heading back upstairs.

"I'm sorry about umm walking in on you this morning..." Hope stated hoping the awkwardness fades.

"It's fine, completely fine," Lizzie smiles down at the floor.

"I'm also sorry for leaving you last night."

"Hope..."

"I should've just stayed and tried to sleep."

"Hope, it's fine, if you stayed we both know what would've happened..." Lizzie looked back up into Hopes eyes.

"..."

"I know technically we've had this talk with other people around but I think we need to talk about it together, privately." Lizzie moved a bit closer to Hope.

"Yeah, that's a great idea." Hope also takes a step towards Lizzie.

"... I-I," Lizzie shudders as Hope grazed her hand over her arm, "I want to do it with you Hope, if that wasn't obvious already..."

"Lizzie... I-" Hope was cut off by Alaric entering the room.

"Good morning girls, how did you guys sleep?"

"Oh umm great, dad."

"Yeah absolutely amazing, sir," Hope lied, though she couldn't sleep with Lizzie it felt even more impossible to sleep without her.

"So, I heard you're running for Homecoming court," He states.

"Yeah, it's going to be great, I'm pretty sure we've got it in the bag, right babe?" Lizzie asked.

"Yeah," Hope nodded as Josie came down the stairs.

"Can we go to school a little early today? Penelope said she was going to help me study for my test in calc today."

"Yeah, do you wanna head over now?" Hope asked.

"Not until you guys eat something," Alaric chimes in.

"We'll pick up something on the way," Josie states rushing Lizzie and Hope out the door.

________________________________
Surprisingly this is a brand new chapter that was not edited or rewritten, idk how I feel about it but yay. Next chapter out tomorrow.