Chapter 44

For most of the night Josie was struggling not to tell Penelope how she felt. Whenever she looked at the girl all she could think was I love you. Nothing else. So she did what any logical person would do and avoided her the whole night. She didn't want to be cliche and tell her she loved her at Homecoming. She wanted it to be more special than that. She didn't want to tell her girlfriend she loved her where hundreds of other people did.

"I have to go to the restroom, Josie, do you want to come with me?" Lizzie asked her sister, knowing something was off.

"Sure."

When they lost sight of their girlfriends Lizzie quickly said, "Why are you avoiding being alone with Penelope?"

"What? I'm not."

"Oh come on Josie, you haven't left Hope and I alone since we got here," Lizzie states crossing her arms. She didn't believe her sister. "And I want to be alone with Hope right now so please tell me what's going on. I'm your sister for gods sake. Wait did something happen?"

"No nothing happened I just don't want to be alone with Penelope right now."

"Why?"

"Because when we were in the car I almost told her I loved her and I don't know how much longer I could keep it from her."

"Why would it be a bad thing to tell her? She obviously loves you back. It's not like she's going to reject you," she states.

"I know, it's just, I have something planned for tomorrow, that I already told you about."

"But would it really matter if you told her here at homecoming or tomorrow?"

"Yes! Well, maybe I don't know. I love her and that's all I can think about. She's always in my mind. It's like she won't leave and it's so annoying, but I don't mind it either, I don't want to leave. But I want to wait to tell her until tomorrow. I don't know what to do..."

"I think that you should stop worrying about telling her how you feel and just have fun at this dance with your girlfriend," she pauses, "Far away from Hope and I, and if it slips then it slips."

"You know what, you're right, I should be out there right now. Dancing with Penelope."

"I'm always right and yes you should."

"Okay lets go back out there."

"You go ahead I actually have to go to the restroom."

(Penelope's POV)

I feel like Josie is avoiding me. Well she's not directly doing it but when ever I try to dance with her alone she always finds a way to get Hope or Lizzie involved. I don't even know why.

"Hope?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think Josie's avoiding me?"

"No, she hasn't left your side since we've gotten here. Why would you think that?"

"It's just whenever I try to be alone with her she wants to go back and hang with you guys."

"She's probably just nervous. She really really likes you Penelope, it's to the point where I get annoyed of hearing you name. She doesn't stop talking about you. I think she doesn't want to mess it up by saying something stupid."

"There's nothing she can say that could mess this up. I'm already in too deep."

"You love her don't you?"

"Of course I do, it's hard not to fall for her."

"Are you going to tell her?"

"Yeah, tomorrow actually. She says she's planning something. But I mean it's been hard not telling her."

"How long have you've known?" Hope asked.

"I knew that I could fall for her the day we met and I started to fall for her about a week after that. I don't think I realized I was in love until a few days ago."

A few minutes later the other girls showed up. A slow song came on and Lizzie and Hope went to dance leaving me and Josie alone. "May I have this dance?" I asked the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Of course." She looked nervous. Super nervous. I placed my hand on her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

(Josie's Pov)

She placed her hand on my waist and I wrapped my arms around her neck. To be completely honest, I didn't know what I was doing.

"You're cute when you're nervous." The statement caused me to blush.

"It's hard not to be nervous around you."

"Why is that?"

"Because, I'm just so happy. I'm worried it's not going to last. I know it's only been a few weeks but I haven't been this happy in years."

"JoJo, its going to last I'm going to everything in my power to make sure of that, okay?"

"Okay," I said as the song ended.

"I hope everyone is having a great time tonight. Who's ready to know the Homecoming royal court?" One of the teachers asked. The question was followed by a bunch of cheers. After they announced the rest of the court they finally got to the homecoming queen and king or how I hoped it would go queens. "Now the time you've all been waiting for the announcement of your Queen and King, for your Homecoming Queen...Lizzie Saltzman and for your Homecoming King Rafael Waithe! Congratulations you too!"

"What?!"

____________________________
I forgot to post again, I'm sorry y'all. Anyways I'll post again tomorrow for sure.