Review: What Are You?

Reviewer: Ash or twilight_5bte

Review for: elenacopper

"What Are You?" is an amazing BTS Jimin fanfiction. The protagonists of the story are Jimin and Blackpink's Rose. The poor female lead was kicked out of her apartment and was going through a hard time. And Jimin was suffering from a trauma that made his mental stability imbalance which became the root cause of his mood swings.

Rose meets Jimin's mother who later became her life savior. She offers a job of babysitting Jimin with a high pay that makes Rose hard to decline the offer. She didn't know what kind of a foreign world awaited her in that house. The rest of the plot describes the problems that she runs into and how she deals with his mood swings.

The story is mainly comprised of angst and fluff. The development of the characters and the pace of the story is taken care of beautifully by the author. The right pace of the story allows readers to digest all the emotions experienced by the characters.

Usually, for reviewing I read up to 5 chapters. But here, I found myself reading the whole book because it was so interesting. The chapters were mostly short (approx. 400-500 words) even though they don't fail to make the urge for reading the next chapters.

The language used in the book is simple. I found grammatical errors at the starting of the book. Mainly, the first 3 or 4 chapters. But as the story developed so did the language. I suggest you to proof-read the mentioned chapters. Apart from that, considering the fact that English isn't your first language, you've done a very good job.

The cover and title really blends with the story. About the blurb, It'd be more good if you make it short yet attractive. The little part of the story you wrote there seems to be a little long. Instead, you should try making it like 2 or 3 exchanges of their conversation.
If I might say, a part like this:

"You're a monster" I spat at him angrily. He wasn't phased by my answer, he just smiled widely.
"Took you long enough to figure out."
(from chapter 9. You can call me monster)

This is just an example. You can choose the one you like but try to make it short. So that when it is followed by a small description of your chapter, It wouldn't be so long.

Altogether, you have a nice plot. I highly recommend you to edit your blurb and proof-read the first 4 chapters for grammatical errors. I'm happy to say that I really liked your book. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for requesting here!