Review: Illuminating Heart

Reviewer: Secret or BTS_Believer

Review for: ghostair

What I reviewed
A review of the whole book

Notes

Prologue
- Aww, the first few lines are so cute!
- The description makes me want to read it even more.
- The credits are a nice touch, it’s always nice to see an author having a great time and giving support with other authors.

Chapter 1
- Wow, this goes pretty deep for it being the first chapter.
- I like how your words can directly relate to your readers.
- Wow, that’s really all I can say, I’m speechless.
- It’s barely the beginning of the story and I’m blown away.
- There are only a few words I would change but, if I’m counting, there’s only 2 and I understand you perfectly even without the change.

Chapter 2
- I can really relate to the first paragraph about school being hell.
- Everything comes back to the fireflies and I find that really interesting as they light up and the title of the story is illuminating heart, so it’s kind of like a full circle.
- I like the introduction of someone who will accept him, I get a feeling that he just wants acceptance and I can’t wait for it to happen.

Chapter 3
- I like how Jungkook doesn’t blink twice before accepting her friendship, proving what I said in my previous notes.
- Um, I suddenly don’t like the way this book is going.
- Jungkook’s dad shouldn’t be allowed to have custody, he should be in prison.

Chapter 4
- How can someone tease someone else about scars? This makes me really sad.
- She knows and I know that she knows.
- She is so wise and I don’t even know how old she is.
- Oh wow, I hate Kookie’s family.
- I can’t bear the thought of him losing his fireflies too, that would make me cry.

Chapter 5
- I’m happy that he feels like he can be happy.
- Taehyung is gonna be good for Kook, I can feel it.
- It warms my heart to know that he looks forward to seeing Yumi.
- Yumi is kind of dark yet so wise.

Chapter 6
- Yumi is so deep when she speaks to Jungkook and I’m glad that Jungkook understands what she’s saying because it is pretty important.
- Is Yumi part of the darkness and went to cheer Jungkook up?
- Questions have been asked.

Chapter 7
- Yumi is always right, it kind of seems like she’s got a conscience that Jungkook always seems to listen to.
- Jungkook is adorable.
- What?

Overall Review
    I don’t think I cried this hard over a book since last year. I am at a loss for words, I had no idea that the ending was going to come so fast.

This story is beautiful all throughout, less the dad but that doesn’t matter right now. I don’t know how but this is a totally different side of writing from when I read and reviewed Behind the Smile.

My goodness, I’m sobbing behind these words. You have so much potential for great things and I can’t wait to see a sequel? Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you for requesting here!