Chapter 3

Stepping into the shower, I watched as the blood of the guys from Evanston go down into the abyss of the drain.

I could feel the familiar sense of guilt.

Not guilty because I killed them.

But guilty because I don't feel bad for killing them.

I don't know honestly.

With a sigh, I turned around and leaned my head against the wall. I could hear the sound of the front door opening and the familiar sounds of Acendro, Elvis, Wesley, and Cecilia's voices.

My family.

I miss Gio. I should invite him over.

Coming out the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and passed the living room to get to my room. "Hey guys!"

They can't know about what I do. It'll only ruin the image they have of me, an optimistic person, a happy person. Somebody who just isn't me.

I know they have a vague idea of what I do or handle, but it's one of those things that are just off topic.

"Hey! Hurry up! Gio is coming over." Cecilia called. Turning back around I looked over at her confused.

"What?"

"Giovanni? Your boyfriend-"

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Anyways! He's coming over, I invited him."

"How?"

Cecilia laughed and rolled her eyes. "Because I have his number, duh!"

"When did you have the time to get his number?" I asked confused. Cecilia made the gesture that she was zipping her lips and smiled.

"Just go get dressed. We're going to eat dinner, then go catch a drive in movie." She said with a smirk and looked over at Elvis. "You can thank him for letting us use one of his many cars!"

"How are we all going to fit?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Gio is driving his car and we're splitting. Then at the movie, we go on the trunk of their cars. Just don't worry! We have it all planned out, it's going to be so cute!"

I laughed and walked back into the room. These people are honestly what keeps me going, they keep me from going insane, from becoming a monster.

With a shutter, I pulled on a navy blue long sleeve v-neck, black jeans, and some vans. I slipped on the silver chain my dad gave me for my 8th birthday when I apparently became a "man". Like he'd know what I means to be a man. But at least he gave me a bracelet that went along with the chain.

After spraying on some cologne and putting on my deo, I walked out the room as Gio walked in. He smiled at me before getting attacked in hugs by Cecilia. Acendro hugged Gio afterwards, too tight for my liking.

It seems as though Elvis and I had similar thought in mind as I gently pulled Gio away from Acendro and Elvis grabbed Acendro's hand.

"You man are so ridiculous!" Cecilia exclaimed slapping both Elvis and I on the arm. Rolling my eyes, I wrapped an arm around Gio's waist and kissed his neck.

He turned bright red from the slightest gesture, making my heart practically dance in my chest.

God, he's so warm.

"Ready to go?" I asked as Cecilia grabbed the basket she prepared with food.

"Yes!" Acendro said with a smile and looked up at Elvis. Wesley groaned and stomped out the door. Cecilia followed closely after her. Elvis just rolled his eyes from Wesley's over dramatic actions and guided Acendro out the door.