Chapter 20

I walked into the house and was surrounded by warmth. The smell of blueberry pancakes filled the air as I turned the corner into the kitchen. Cecilia was cooking with Acendro as Elvis watched them. Looking around, Giovanni was nowhere to be seen.

"About time you came in." Elvis grumbled looking over at me with a tired expression on his face. "Your boyfriend needs therapy, man."

"What are you talking about?" I asked looking around for him. "What happened while I was gone?"

Elvis shook his head, taking two beers out from the fridge, and guided me to the patio. He handed me a beer and sat down on one of the lawn chairs. I sat down next to him and waited for him to answer.

"He's bad. A lot worse than any of us thought." Elvis said shaking his head and took a swing from his beer. "For starters, Acendro knocked on his door to give him a towel when Giovanni was in the shower and Giovanni had a panic attack. I had to break down the fucking door because it was forever."

I looked at him shocked and shook my head. "You're lying. He hasn't a panic attack around me."

"Because he feels safe around you. But we're thinking it's PTSD or some shit." Elvis said shaking his head and groaned. "It makes sense. That kid was inside a cabinet bleeding as the house was getting attacked. Someone was at the door trying to barge in and the next thing you know, he's surrounded by dead bodies."

"He didn't see any dead-"

"Still! Don't you get it? Not everyone was brought up surrounded by violence. Cecilia is able to handle with all of this because she's your sister. Acendro has seen things because he used to live on the streets. And me? My parents weren't always the best." Elvis explained and looked into my eyes with his blue orbs. "Don't you see? Giovanni isn't adjusting and he has PTSD."

"Okay." I said nodding my head and running a hand through my hair. "So what do we do? I'm no doctor and we don't have any in the gang."

Jacob would not want to help. He'd be amused with what's going on.

"I tried to call a doctor, but he doesn't want one. He keeps saying he's fine." Elvis said shaking his head. "He's trying to be fine for you. I think he's trying to prove to you or himself that he's strong enough to be with you."

"Strong enough to be with me?" I asked confused. "Where would you get that idea?"

Elvis sighed and finished his beer. "I may have overheard him asking Ryan to teach him defensive skills. When Ryan asked why because 'boss can protect you just fine', he said 'I want to be able to protect Roger too and myself'. Some bullshit that is when you're busy getting yourself killed almost everyday."

"He said that?" I asked finishing my beer and turned towards the door as it opened. Elvis looked over at the door and watched as Giovanni walked out with a large smile.

"Roger! You didn't tell me you were coming home!" Giovanni exclaimed and walked over to me, I pulled him onto my lap and smiled as he looked at me with his hazel eyes. "What?"

"Nothing. I was just talking to Elvis." I said looking over at Elvis and almost laughed when he was already closing the door. "I have to ask you something."

Gio looked at me confused, his face so cute and sexy. So kissable-

"What is it?"

"How are you? Ever since the whole breaking in. You were struggling the first few days, but now? How are you?" I asked waiting for him to give away what he was thinking. He looked like he was trying to find a way to say something, but didn't know how to say it. "Are you having panic attacks?"